American Standard Champion 4 toilet

lisanewJuly 11, 2012

After visiting the plumbing supply store and sitting on many Toto toilets i couldn't find one that was comfortable for me to sit on. I'm only 5ft 3in tall and have chubby legs. my feet didn't touch the floor and it felt like the seat was digging into the back of my legs.

So i settled on an American Standard Champion 4 one piece elongated bowel that is a comfortable 15 inches off the floor.

Now we are in budget crunching time and I'm told that a two piece version of that toilet would save me $100 per toilet.

Will it flush the same?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herring_maven

lisanew: "i settled on an American Standard Champion 4 one piece elongated bowel that is a comfortable 15 inches off the floor. ... Now we are in budget crunching time and I'm told that a two piece version of that toilet would save me $100 per toilet. Will it flush the same?"

It depends, of course, on the specific toilet model, but as a general rule, two piece toilets flush (slightly) better than one-piece toilets. It is a simple matter of gravity: usually the water in the tank of a two-piece toilet has farther to fall to the bowl than does the water in the tank of a one-piece toilet, and so it will have more flushing energy when it reaches the bowl.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
Show me pictures of your tile 'rug'
We'd like to do this and are looking for design ideas....
kate38
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™