Anyone own the Kenmore Pro built in refrigerator?

remodelnewbie99July 16, 2012

We will be remodeling our kitchen in a few months. As I was walking through my local Sears today, I noticed their "friends & family" sale. It brought the 48" (29.5cu ft)down to $4400(plus change, before taxes & delivery). This is the best price I've seen it just casually checking when I walk thru.

I was confident in my purchase because the salesman said I can postpone the delivery date and that I can return it for 100% refund before then.

So, I am now doing my research. It seems built ins are pretty overpriced. Even a KA is in the $7-$8k range. I have heard/ read terrible reviews on Viking so it rules out the idea that spendning more =better quality.

My other option is doing a counter depth but those seem to offer smaller capacity (of course at thousands less).

Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Emilner

I had a 42" and the day I got rid of it was the best day I had with it. Ice clumped after 24 hours, high temp variations, PITA coils to clean, extremely inefficient layout etc. It was the worst fridge I've ever had....

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 7:09PM
Emilner

I had a 42" and the day I got rid of it was the best day I had with it. Ice clumped after 24 hours, high temp variations, PITA coils to clean, extremely inefficient layout etc. It was the worst fridge I've ever had....

Bookmark   July 16, 2012 at 7:12PM
remodelnewbie99

Yipes, thanks for input.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 12:42AM
ak0402

The Kenmore fridges are re-badges of other brands' fridges. You would need to know which company makes the fridge you are considering, and if it was that same company that made the 42" fridge that Emilner had, in order to know if that is a legitimate comparison.

When you are at Sears, sometimes it is clear what the Kenmore re-badge is, because they have the same fridge with the original brand on the floor. Check the insides and see what looks identical with a different brand name. Then see what are the reviews of that brand fridge.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 8:30AM
deeageaux

The Kenmore Pro 48 is made by Samsung.

I don't believe they ever made a 42".

I considered it but bought something else.

I have not read of a GW member buying a Kenmore Pro 48 although several considered it.No one wants to be the first.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 3:52PM
More Discussions
Bosch benchmark speed oven review?
Just thought I'd ask if anyone has a Bosch benchmark...
crl_
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Regret buying Kitchenaid double ovens...should I go with Bosch?
Newbie here...we are planning a remodel and I ordered...
lavalocks19
Miele Oven Temperatures - Please Check Yours
So I'm back. I'm on my second Masterchef oven, after...
baver
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™