Toto Aquia Skirted Toilet

Sandpiper111July 9, 2011

I ordered the Aquia toilet for small bathroom. I looked at the Kohler Persuade as an option but decided against it because of Kohler proprietary parts. Toto also has generally good reviews. The new toilet is being shipped to me and installation will take place in two weeks. Any feedback on this toilet, including install recommendations would be very helpful. I know it's not an easy install but I will leave that up to my son in law! Anything on parts replacement for this dual flush toilet?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jkom51

Sorry, have no install tips as my GC did it for us three weeks ago. Note the Toto soft-close seat has been redesigned; it may be more durable (we shall see) but is certainly less comfortable than the original design. It's okay, but not great.

Toilet works VERY well. We have an older 2003 Toto Ultramax and I'd say the Aquia Dual-Max flushes more efficiently despite using less water. Unusual bowl design seems to stay cleaner than the Ultramax as well. Love the skirt!

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 6:09PM
Sandpiper111

I'm glad to hear you feel it cleans better because I have heard mixed reviews but still made the purchase Most were pleased with the flush. I did purchase the soft close seat as well.. the one with the wider rim on the lid. To bad the seat is not up to par with the toilet . I wonder what other soft close seats would be a better option and would fit well also.

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 10:32PM
herring_maven

jkom51: " Note the Toto soft-close seat has been redesigned ..."

Which of the many Toto soft-close seats is "the" Toto soft-close seat that has been redesigned?

SS113?

SS114?

SS154?

SS164?

SS204?

SS214?

SS224?

Or one of the other Toto soft-close seat models?

They all differ one from another. They have different "dish" in the curve to the cut-out, different styling, and different designs around the hinge, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: An official Toto toilet seat page

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 12:36AM
jkom51

Sorry, have no idea which seat we have. The GC ordered it and took away the boxes for recycling.

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 1:10AM
More Discussions
Show me pictures of your tile 'rug'
We'd like to do this and are looking for design ideas....
kate38
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™