MBAM Scan Slow ?

not2brightFebruary 10, 2013

I noticed that Malware Bytes Anti-Malware has a new look/logo. I don't know what else they changed, but -- up until today -- I had no trouble with the scans. They took about 45 minutes on average. Today's scan (the first using this 'new' MBAM) took nearly twice as long ! And that's with no additional software installations or other space-hogging items.

And I always use CCleaner before doing anti-malware and AV scans. (No sense having the MBAM and AV scans waste time scanning stuff that's going to be deleted anyway, right ?) So I know the time difference is not due to having a bunch of 'garbage' to work through.

Has anyone else experienced any slowness with the MBAM scan of late ?

(FWIW, I checked the MBAM forums and didn't notice (yet) any thread on this issue. I won't bother posting about this there unless things get even worse. I just thought I'd ask about this here to see if others are having similar issues with speed.)

:-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DA_Mccoy

If you are referring to v1.70 it was released before the end of last year. The change log is tagged below.

I have not noticed any changes between the scan times of this version, and prior versions.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: Filehippo

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 4:22PM
TulsaRose z7a, Tulsa OK

FWIW, the logo changed several months ago, as noted by DA. I ran my weekly full scan today and it took the usual 45 minutes. If your av and anti-malware programs are up-to-date and you've experienced no other snags, posting at the MB forum is probably your best bet.

Rosie

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 5:16PM
susanjn

I ran one the other day that took over 10 hours. But I'm having other problems with my computer, so chalked it up to that.

Did it find anything?

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 5:34PM
More Discussions
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
My computer just got infected - what to do ASAP
I clicked on a website that I was familiar with but...
debo_2006
Need help turning old computer into HTPC
I have an old computer. c2001. Motherboard is a D865GBF,...
Pooh Bear
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™