Perfect Pair of Napkin Rings & 'Just Ducky!'

jeannespinesNovember 12, 2010

Oh boy, DH made a trip today to Menards so I tagged along to get dropped off at TJMaxx .... then we stopped to buy lunch to take home & it would take 25 min. til done...so, guess what, GWill shop a couple doors down! Here's my finds in 25 min...

Brass Duck Bookends ...very heavy duty & a bargain for $5...good for my books & good for t'scaping!

And, then I spotted these cute little "quack-ers!"

I thought they were quite unique cause the ducks are one piece S&P shakers...on the back side in faint writing are two words: Poland & Anna so I pd $1.75 for them. They'll probably end up on Dollybaby's tray one of these days!

And the last "perfect" find (for me) was a pair of napkin rings made with shells & coral ... the salmon color struck my fancy because of the recent collection I've started of Woodfield Stubenville "Toast & Tea" plate & cups...I stood one up by candle on Fall display on porch:

Can you believe each of those shells & pcs have small hole in them & are "strung" with wire on a metal ring...I thought they were perfect...got the pair for $1.

Ok, I'll share my other finds on a separate post. TFlookin'! Jeanne S.

Oh, I forgot ... a few wks ago I got this pine branch pitcher at the same GW for $3.50...I'll use it for winter & "pines" just call to me! (jeannespines) Markings on the bottom is just a label that says "distributed by Target"..microwave & dishwasher safe.

from a bonafided member of "Enablers R Us!" Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Nice finds, Jeanne. The bookends are wonderful and look brand new. Thanks for letting us in on the ducks who are stuck, together that is. They would be perfect for Dollbaby's tray.

The shell napkin rings are perfect with your dishes. Hope you can find some more of them during your shopping sprees. Love your new Pine Branch Pitcher. That will go with alot of your decorations. Wouldn't Lynn love that to go on her table with the pinecone dishes?

You are having so much fun out shopping and finding some really great things. I'm so happy for you!

Punk

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 9:15PM
luvstocraft

Way to go Gal, tag along and get in some good shopping too. Great buys, and the ducks and napkin rings are unusual and really neat. Bookends always come in handy, and your's sure look to be in great condition. Good find on the pitcher too. Yes, you have sure had some good "treasure shopping" days lately. Good for you! ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 10:15PM
dreamgoddess

Jeanne, I love your napkin rings and the color is so perfect with your dishes! I'm silently coveting the pitcher and the S/P ducks.

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 10:31PM
Purplemoon

What Punk said....works for me too.
Boy, you sure know how to put 25 min. to good use! I can't believe the haul you made.

Congratulations and hugs,
Karen

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 10:58PM
slinkey

Well Jeanne...I read your other post first...so now my question in that post has been answered!...yes your cute
duckies ARE S&Ps !! lol
I LOVE that green Pine Branch Pitcher >>> and What-A-Great Price...boy you found some nice things..
I'm imagining the person who made those nap rings...It's amazing the detail that goes into some things and you know that person (probably from some island) got paid next to nothing for it...then the Seller makes a huge profit on it. In your case, you were lucky getting them 'second time around' and got a great deal. They're very pretty.

jane

Bookmark   November 13, 2010 at 2:14AM
nana2010_gw

Jeanne, Great finds, you really lucked out
the duck salt and pepper shakers are adorable.
NanaKaren

Bookmark   November 13, 2010 at 8:32AM
christmascandy

Great finds!
We don't have Menards or CTS : (, but it is very convenient that you have a GW so close to your lunch stop.

You did great for 25 min. Imagine what you could have found if you had more time, LOL.

TFS,
Candy

Bookmark   November 13, 2010 at 10:41AM
jaybird

All of the ducks are great!!!, but I love the pitcher...
That will be beautiful with Christmas greens and maybe a bow on the handle???
You had a great day/s :^)

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
bumping up links to our Inspiration Albums
http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2812708/inspiration-pictures-reminder...
Purplemoon
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
Not finding any inexpensive beanie baby duckies and . . .
I expect the nearer to Easter it gets, the higher the...
oldalgebra
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™