Thoughts on a counter top for my master bathroom vanity.....

threeapplesJuly 5, 2012

our Georgian style house will have 18" statuario marble tiles (it has dark grey veining in it) on the floor, the shower will be all statuario in other sizes, and the double vanity is a stained cherry that is sort of furniture-like. I have the option of using a slab of montclair danby honed for the vanity top (it has lots of dark grey veining), but it will cost over 3k for fabrication. I love it, but it's a lot of money for this vanity top. Is there a better, more historic-looking coloring I can use on the vanity if I choose not to go with the montclair for this application? Would a dark granite in a honed or leathered appearance look out of place with all the white of the floor, etc.? Any other thoughts? If I want to use the montclair danby I need to decide by tomorrow am. thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KevinMP

You can see what I used with my calacatta gold honed tile and dark wood, furniture-style vanity: leathered antique brown, which is really more of a grayish brown color. I didn't want to use marble on the counter for maintenance reasons and because I couldn't find one that matched or coordinated well with the floor (even other calacatta's didn't look right). I also considered a gray limestone from Greece, but, again, the maintenance problems.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
aboutdabass
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
cataan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™