Autumn Hutch

ladypat1November 17, 2010

I am sooo behind you all! I am just now getting fall and Thanksgiving out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Pat, you have some beautiful fall decorations. Wonderful dish display and your pumpkin platter and pumpkin is great. Your turkey looks grand standing beside them.

So glad you shared pictures with all of us.

Punk

Bookmark   November 17, 2010 at 8:42PM
valleymagpie

Pat,

Your turkey is wonderful! And I like the green transferware in the hutch, and the pumpkin ceramics. I'm a big fan of orange and it looks great put together with the green the way you did. And the white just makes it pop!

- Magpie

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 1:29AM
Purplemoon

Your hutch is decorated beautifully. I really like all the green you used! For that matter, I really like the hutch itself. I have turkey envy, LOL. Tho that big pumpkin platter is great too!!

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 2:20AM
nana2010_gw

Pat. What a lovely display, The orange pieces set off the green transferware beautifully. That is one proud looking turkey. I love the plates you have hanging on the wall too.
NanaKaren

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 8:37AM
prosperity66

I really need to change my dining room furniture and get a hutch just like yours so that I can display my things, and more now that I live in the countryside where such a hutch would match the outdoor decor as well as the house design.

It's really nice. I love the way you displayed all those Fall items. And also the way you displayed those plates on your wall. Great!

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 9:14AM
excessfroufrou

Your hutch is wonderful, you did a great job. I love all the green, I think I'm doing my TG table in green this year. The white plates on the yellow wall is amazing. Also, I like how your hutch is wood on the inside and white on the outside.
Frou

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 10:39AM
jeannespines

Your hutch is beautiful ...looks so crisp & clean. Love the green transferware & all the dishes you have displayed...& that's a handsome gobbler, too! The top of the hutch display appeals to me alot with the greenery & leaves mingled among the pretty pottery pcs.. TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 10:42AM
lynnencfan

First off - love the hutch. I have a low dresser in one corner of my dining area and my hubby is going to build a hutch for the top - I showed him yours to give him an idea of what I liked.

Now the decorating - what a beautiful job love all your pieces and like the others I like the green played up so much with the pumpkins and leaves - very nice. What is even neater is that it will be a very easy transition into Christmas - TFS .....

Lynne

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 11:46AM
jaybird

Thank you so much for posting your beautiful hutch!! The textured pumpkin and pumpkin plate, are splendid!! However, I am in love with the group of white plates...they are gorgeous!
It's good to see you here.
J

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 11:47AM
luvstocraft

Wow! I totally agree with all the other's here have said. Love how you decorated the top of your cabinet, and your items displayed inside. I have turkey envy too--that's a really neat looking one, and he goes so well with your pumpkin and platter.

Can't wait to see more pics from you, so glad you are joining in here with us. ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 12:01PM
lynninnewmexico

Very pretty, Pat! I'm right there with you, though, so don't feel bad. I put out my Autumn and Thanksgiving decs yesterday afternoon ;^D
Lynn

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 1:55PM
ladypat1

Thank you all for the kind comments, but I have to laugh about people liking the actual hutch. It is about 25 years old, bought at Montgomery Wards (remember them?) and I never really liked it once I got it home because the oak was so red. A few years ago, I took the doors off and changed the hardware and painted it. One door I actually had to use a crow bar, cause it wouldn't come off. Poverty IS the mother of invention!!! With all the milk glass I had, I didn't want the inside white. Several guests have asked me when am I going to paint the inside!!!

Grins, Pat

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 7:17PM
luvstocraft

Pat, nothing wrong with a little "reinvention" of a good piece of furniture. I actually like it just the way you have it and it really makes a nice background for your dishes. Luvs

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 10:46PM
Purplemoon

Pat, I'd say you improved on that hutch 100%. Its just perfect I think.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   November 19, 2010 at 3:50AM
lynnencfan

ladypat - isn't it amazing how an old piece of furniture can take on a whole new life with a paint job and new hardware. You did a beautiful job. I really love to take something old like that and refurbish it. Good Job!!!!! .....

Lynne

Bookmark   November 19, 2010 at 9:50AM
jaybird

Whatever you did it is beautiful now!
You are a SmartLadyPat!!

Bookmark   November 19, 2010 at 11:59AM
slinkey

I think your hutch looks lovely Pat and your
decorations are beautiful!
Better late than never.

jane

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 2:06AM
oldalgebra

I think that hutch is very sharp. And you've done a great job arranging your fall elements.

I have to say that I like the textured look of the pumpkin and plate (center, lower shelf) next to the turkey.

So, you have a milk glass collection? Pat, you MUST share!

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 10:08AM
kathleen_li

Very pretty, Pat!

Bookmark   November 22, 2010 at 11:30PM
More Discussions
My Christmas
Getting simpler each year!
yachter123
Not finding any inexpensive beanie baby duckies and . . .
I expect the nearer to Easter it gets, the higher the...
oldalgebra
After Christmas
Simple table. As a lot of you know, my son & 3...
yachter123
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™