48' telescoping downdraft

fmyr6June 3, 2012

I'm designing my kitchen in a new house, and I'm looking at/would like to have a 48" freestanding range in the island **without** a large hood overhead. Builder says it's hard because telescoping downdraft motors are normally on the front (under a cooktop) and will run into the back of the oven. I found one by Whirlpool or KA that allows the motor to be done on the side or back. It's just 36" though. Has anyone seen a 48" telescoping downdraft? I found one online, but the motor is in the front/would run into the oven. Could do cooktop and two ovens I guess, but I only have one wall and didn't want to put ovens in it (though I could put built-ins in the island). Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

Most telescoping downdrafts are not compatible with ranges, only cooktops. Dacor is the only brand that has a telescoping downdraft that works with its ranges. Unless you get a Dacor range you'll need to consider other options.

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 11:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MichelleDT

I have a 36 Dacor downdraft (800CFM) with a 36 GE Monogram Pro rangetop. To say it is dismal would be an understatement. Never would I consider it again and we did it with a remote blower and 10" ducting per advice from appliance center. A complete waste of money. Do a real venting system.

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 11:40PM
More Discussions
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™