bluestar rcs366bcn vs rcs366v1

fung_jeffJune 28, 2013

Hi,

I was looking at Bluestar ranges and I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the Costco version (RCS366BCN) and the ones you see online(RCS366V1)? Does the Costco version have the infamous door/hinge problem?

Thank you so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

They are the same exact thing.

It used to be the Costco version had convection while the standard RCS did not but now they both do.

All the models ending in VI have the new hinges.

I think Bluestar gives the Costco version its own model number so they don't end up at retail stores where they are not supposed to and retail stores can give a price guarantee on the exact model. Costco cheaper than local independent? Not exact same model.

It seems Costco Ca sells out rather quickly whenever they get restocked with Bluestars so I doubt they have ranges from 2.5 years ago with the old hinges.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 4:08AM
fung_jeff

okay, thank you very much! I'm getting the list of appliances that I want ready for my new house!

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 10:10PM
blueboy1

I was looking at the spec page for the blue star 36-in range from Costco .ca
They are saying that it has sealed burners. I thought blue star ranges were open burners. I am also thinking of buying one but I will have to do a little more research.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 9:38PM
fung_jeff

They are open burners for sure. I'm wondering if the 15k Btu's are strong enough to wok decently. I don't need crazy power.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 11:01PM
blueboy1

I am going to call bluestar and Costco today to find out for sure. Not that I don't doubt what you say it's a bit of a worry when it is stated on their web site. I am also thinking the same thing about the 15 K Btu. However I think that you can convert the burners to 22k Btu's with little effort or at least to 18 k Btu's

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 6:50AM
blueboy1

OK I spoke with bluestar today and you are correct . they are open burners. they will address the costco misinformation.They also told me that those particular models cannot be upgraded because of the manifold, and as a consequence you can blow the regulator. They also told me that within 6-8 months they are coming out with a new range with a 25k Btu burner. I don't think I can wait that long.

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 12:59PM
More Discussions
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™