Yahoo mail may be hacked

jean_mi_z5February 21, 2014

I can't sign in to my yahoo account. Password incorrect. I have it written down and positive that I have entered it correctly. (cap locks not on). When I try to reset my password, (going through help that my account may be compromised) this is what it says..it is not my ID that they will send the email to. Or is this just a normal response?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Richard (chuggerguy)

I'm not really familiar with Yahoo mail but my guess is that the email address presented to you should be an alternate email you provided sometime in the past, to be used at a time like this.

If that address is unfamiliar to you, I would fear that it was entered by a hacker. Maybe not but even if it wasn't, sending recovery info to an unknown address wouldn't do you any good.

I wonder if Yahoo Customer Care would help you regain control?

That or someone who's been through it before will come by and with a better answer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yahoo Customer Care

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 5:19PM
jean_mi_z5

I do have an alternate email and finally heard from yahoo. They asked my security questions and I answered them. Just waiting for another email. Hopefully we can get this fixed. Silly me, I don't have my contacts backup...bet I will now if I can get back in.....

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 5:56PM
juneroses Z9a Cntrl Fl

A similar thing happened to me and my yahoo account about 2 weeks ago. Thinking of the millions of accounts they must have, I doubted I would ever hear from them again. SURPRISE! They responded within 48 hours and I was back in my account rather quickly.

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 6:58PM
sushipup1

I just got an email from a friend who has both yahoo and hotmail accounts, but I've only seen him use the hotmail in the last few years. This is from the yahoo account. The "message" is a strange url, I would never click on it, even tho I know the person well. I alerted him.

This post was edited by sushipup on Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 19:16

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 7:15PM
jean_mi_z5

All is well, I was able to reset my password. Have no idea why my password would not work. Haven't heard of anyone getting a strange email from me...will see...

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 7:39PM
More Discussions
Linkedin - Friend's Attempt to Subscribe me to it.
I know nothing of social media outfits and don't want...
mxyplux
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
What a mess!
My user name on this forum is/was Tosh has been for...
oldschool
Internet Explorer keeps shutting down
I have just ignored this problem for the past 3 months...
Lea Grabb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™