Help deciding on refrigerator.....

stacylhJune 26, 2013

Sadly, our 2yo Maytag french door fridge began to leak water and has possibly ruined a portion of our brand new hardwood floors (installed in recent remodel). Although, we knew what the problem was, it had done this before and DH was done! It went out the door via craigslist today (with all disclosures about past problems made).

Now, we are trying to decide on which direction to go. I love the style of the french door and going back to side by side really scares me but DH is very skeptical about them since we've had such bad luck with the one and only one we've ever owned and google is full of "leaking" issues with that type.

I would love to hear what brand, model, and style that you have and what issues that have arisen, if any. Of course, I would love one of the pricier built-in models but budget doesn't allow (since we just finished the remodel and a new fridge WASN'T in the budget!!) Looking to spend $1-2K.

(Other kitchen appliances are a KA rangetop and warming drawer, Elux Icon DO, and a Frigidaire professional DW). The fridge will reside next to the ovens so I'd like similar styling, but the Elux Icon fridge is too pricey and doesn't have great reviews.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sreedesq

Look at the Elux IQ Touch fridges with French Door. They have fairly good reviews and a rebate right now.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 12:16PM
More Discussions
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™