Help deciding on refrigerator.....

stacylhJune 26, 2013

Sadly, our 2yo Maytag french door fridge began to leak water and has possibly ruined a portion of our brand new hardwood floors (installed in recent remodel). Although, we knew what the problem was, it had done this before and DH was done! It went out the door via craigslist today (with all disclosures about past problems made).

Now, we are trying to decide on which direction to go. I love the style of the french door and going back to side by side really scares me but DH is very skeptical about them since we've had such bad luck with the one and only one we've ever owned and google is full of "leaking" issues with that type.

I would love to hear what brand, model, and style that you have and what issues that have arisen, if any. Of course, I would love one of the pricier built-in models but budget doesn't allow (since we just finished the remodel and a new fridge WASN'T in the budget!!) Looking to spend $1-2K.

(Other kitchen appliances are a KA rangetop and warming drawer, Elux Icon DO, and a Frigidaire professional DW). The fridge will reside next to the ovens so I'd like similar styling, but the Elux Icon fridge is too pricey and doesn't have great reviews.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sreedesq

Look at the Elux IQ Touch fridges with French Door. They have fairly good reviews and a rebate right now.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 12:16PM
More Discussions
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
Microwave in a cabinet
I have a Panasonic 1.2 cubic ft microwave installed...
flashfryer
Miele 643g dishwasher
I bought a house that has this dishwasher. I do not...
cbsdesign
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
New cooktop slightly smaller than old cutout in granite
I have a 36 " gas cooktop in my granite countertop...
chirs1
Sponsored Products
SuperConductor Refrigerator - Standard
$249.95 | FRONTGATE
Lemon Bundt Cake
$54.00 | Horchow
Sunflower Magnet Set
$9.99 | zulily
South-of-the-Border Pecan Praline Cheesecake
$150.00 | Horchow
Rectangular Stainless Steel Hot/Cold Tray
$69.95 | FRONTGATE