Thermador and Bosch

MichelleDTJune 13, 2012

Looking at dishwashers today and the sales rep told me that the Bosch and Thermador are exactly the same other than branding. I was looking at the Bosch 800 Plus series. She also told me that Asko is a step above both of these and one step below Miele.

Is this true?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

BSH Home Appliances Corporation

"BSH Home Appliances Corporation (BSH), headquartered in Irvine, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of BSH Bosch and Siemens Home Appliances Group based in Munich, Germany.

BSH is the world's third largest leading manufacturer of high-end appliances and sells under the Bosch, Thermador and Gaggenau brands in the U.S.

The Irvine headquarters includes; Executive Offices, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Logistics, IT, HR and Customer Support.

BSH Home Appliances has a strong commitment to the environment. Most appliances are made from recyclable materials and are locally manufactured in either New Bern, NC or La Follette, TN."

Here is a link that might be useful: Link:

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 10:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jsceva

Yes, my understanding is that the top of the line Thermador is the same as the Bosch 800 plus.

I wouldn't personally agree with the order of the salesperson's rankings...it depends on what you prioritize, but I would say Asko and Bosch are pretty neck and neck, with Bosch/Thermador maybe actually having a slight lead. Askos are sturdy, but they have some rough edges and they aren't quite as quiet as the highest end Bosch's. Top of the line Miele is probably better than top of the line Bosch, but not by a huge margin.

The exception to all of that is the lower end Bosch units, which are not great. At the low end, ranking Bosch below Asko and Asko below Miele is probably fair.

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 1:55AM
More Discussions
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Removal of Dishwasher Detergent Build-Up
I have a Miele dishwasher in a rental unit that has...
dimond
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
36 Inch Wolf Range and Fridge
I'm looking at range's for my wife's soon to be kitchen...
amexblackg5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™