island trim or 5' trim?

sue2012June 12, 2012

I purchased a Wolf 36" all gas range.

What is your suggestion when it comes to the trim? island trim or 5" trim.

The 5" seams to vent out more toward the burners and the hood.

Also, do you like the look of the 5" trim?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
finestra

I have a lacanche and it came with the 5" trim. I am ordering the island trim because I don't want the interruption in my backsplash. However, I think the 5" trim looks great with a professional looking kitchen.
My friend has the island trim and wishes she didn't because the steam/heat kind of messes up her tile on the backsplash and she felt that the heat blowing out toward the burners wouldn't allow this to happen.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 10:43AM
foodonastump

One consideration is whether the island trim would allow larger skillets to center properly on the back burners. If Wolf's island trim is still a couple inches higher than the grate height then it won't make any difference. (From this perspective.) But if it's lower, it might. Can you test this out in person? Personally I like the look of island trim much better, but I can't speak to how significant a difference the venting orientation makes.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 11:00AM
maryl1

I have a wolf 30" all gas with the island trim because I too didn't want it to interrupt my backsplash (glass mosaic tiles). The tiles do sometimes get wet when the oven is on. This probably wouldn't happen with the 5" high trim as the vents face forward rather than being angled up on the island trim. I remember reading on a thread here on GW a few years ago that there was concern about the backsplash/grout getting discolored. I haven't noticed that in the four years since I finished my kitchen. Just thought I would mention this. I think either looks nice. The island trim is just a little taller than the burner grate. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™