new to this

boothbayFebruary 4, 2014

I have to buy a MOBO for my case desktop. My 9 year old finally went south. I want to keep my case. I measured my old MOBO..its 8" x 11 1/2". Do i need to look for the same measurements in a new MOBO in order to fit in this case like the old one? Also, does a cpu come with a MOBO or does that have to be separate? If so, what do I need to look for? Just for the record I am Not interested in games, nor video...maybe that is why my pc lasted 9 years. LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
owbist

Is this 9 year old machine a self build or factory?
What is the attraction with the case, after all it is only a receptacle to hold the bits together.

With a 9 year old computer there will be nothing there other than the case to use on a new computer. The motherboard, power supply, memory (RAM), processor (CPU), operating system will all be useless because they are outdated.

You might consider Googling How to build a computer then look through finding 2 or 3 written in a style you are comfortable with. Even Youtube will have some great videos. The issue is deciding which components you want and whether they are all compatible.

Your current motherboard is a full sized ATX board 9 x 12, there are lots of Micro ATX boards out there too.

As you do not appear to need any high end performance you would likely be better off visiting a store and buying one ready to roll. Unless you want the satisfaction of building your own computer.

Bookmark   February 4, 2014 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
How to transfer large videos from iPhone to XP
I've read that Windows can't import large videos from...
ginjj
Safe email emoticon download for FF or Chrome?
I don't find a "search" option in the new...
Evenshade 8a
Chrome browser crashes
Every time I click a link to open with Chrome browser,...
grandms
free downloader for youtube videos to use in powerpoint?
I used to be able to download videos for use in my...
jean001a
Nasty popup screen
I am constantly getting a 3 by 4 inch video popup screen...
paulsmth2
Sponsored Products
Nourison Regal REG04 2'3" x 8' Cobble, Stone Rug
$795.00 | PlushRugs
Lucy Rug 8' x 11' - GRAY
$2,299.00 | Horchow
New 3'x5' Oushak Hand Knotted Wool Turkish Veg Dyed Gray Oriental Area Rug H5668
BH Sun Inc
LED 1000 lm 6" White Dedicated Diamond Wet Baffle Trim
Lamps Plus
Violet Crackle Night Light Hurricane Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Ganesha Pillow - Gold
| Dot & Bo
Ivory & Gray Adriana Wool Rug
$49.99 | zulily
Dreamweaver One-Light Bath Fixture with Hand Woven Recycled Steel
$129.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for: