Am I out of my mind - tub filler question??

LbrookJuly 8, 2012

We are about to start our master bath renovation. I selected a freestanding tub of a modern shape and I would really like to use a wall mounted tub filler. I have my heart set on a wall mount because the tub sits under a window and we plan to create an extended windowsill with a bump out to be used as a shelf alongside the tub. Would like to mount the faucet on the bumped out section of the wall.

Problems seem to be: (1) very few options for tub spouts without the diverter; (2) most wall mounted spouts are on the shorter side; (3) for some of the longest, non-diverter spouts I've found (Grohe's Talia spout, for instance, comes in 10" length) - no wall-mounted handles are available.

So far, the best option I have is the Kohler Alteo which has a 7.5 inch reach. Opinions on whether that would be long enough to "reach" the tub (just 1" thick tub wall)?

Has anyone performed a similar install - wall mounted filler to freestanding tub -- would love to know what brand you used.

Thanks in advance for your time - I've spent the last 2 hrs on a wild goose (google) chase!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I believe this one from Danze's Parma collection has a 10" spout.

    Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 4:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You might need to check if that one has the flow rate needed for a tub. I thought it was for a tub, but the Danze site is not currently working, so I can't check the specs.

    Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 5:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You might also want to consider deck-mounted sets mounted on the window ledge if the height is compatible. I'm planning something similar for my (will it ever happen?) master, and will watch this thread with interest.

    Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 11:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you go to you can do a search for tub fillers and sort by all kinds of criteria, including "wall mounted" and "spout reach." There are quite a few with long reach, though many are more traditionally styled so I don't know if you'd like them based on the models you mentioned.

Also, I searched for the Grohe Talia line and there appear to be handles available that could be either deck or wall mounted.

(this is the second or third time I've mentioned websites on these forums in a couple of days - I'm not affiliated, I've just had good experiences with them, and I'm sure there are other websites that allow you to do similar searches)

Here is a link that might be useful: Talia Handles

    Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 12:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Another source for ideas is Houzz. I just went to the site's bathroom section and put "wall mount tub faucet" in the search box at the top. The result was many, many pictures, both contemporary and traditional, of wall-mount tub fillers, most without a diverter. While the fixture manufacturer is not always identified, it often is. You'll see that many have a narrow section built out from a wall (and often under a window) to mount the faucet. Talk with your plumber about what if doable.

You can also select "Products" instead of "photos" in the drop-down section to the right of the search box. That will give you some more examples (though many will be for sinks rather than tubs).

Here is one example.

Modern Bathroom design by San Francisco Architect At-Six Architecture

    Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 10:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
No door to bathroom
We are picking our interior doors out tomorrow. I like...
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
HELP! Is this an acylic or fiberglass tub?
Here's a photo of the side. Can anyone identify this...
Kohler Archer Undermount Sink and Vanity Depth
Has anyone used a Kohler Archer undermount sink in...
Jill Wood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™