Product to Keep Tub Cleaner Longer

monicakm_gwJuly 31, 2014

Hi everyone. I know there is a cleaning forum but it's fairly dead-ish compared to this one so I'm trying here first. I have a very bad lower back. My activities are very much limited as I just suffer thru life without pain medication for fear of becoming addicted. My husband bathes (vs showers). He's in construction and gardens and has other outdoor activities. His poor bathtub gets pretty dirty before I can get it clean and then I'm paying for it for it for the next two days. Yes, he will clean it if I ask (and has) but he shouldn't have to. He already picks up a lot of my "slack" due to my health. He has a physically demanding job. My job is to take care of the house and cook. I know there is a product to spray on shower doors after use to keep them clean. Is there anything that helps to keep dirty bath water from sticking to the sides? He uses Dial liquid soap and I know he rinses the tub after use but I also know he forgets. Years ago there used to be a spray on product with teflon that worked wonders. It's been ages since I've seen it.
Thank you!
Monica

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

When I was using my bath exclusively for a year I found that if I took a micro fiber cloth and wiped the tub down at the end of my bath, I rairly had to do anything else. I kept the cloth hanging on a rail at the tub. When my sisters and I were children, us girls would take baths together and we could be pretty dirty. Our mother alway put dish soap in the tub for bubbles and to help prevent a bathtub ring. I don't know how effective it was but might be worth a try:)

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 11:50PM
Olychick

I'm not sure what your tub is made of, but when I had a fiberglass shower to keep clean, I thought Gel-gloss did a great job of making it easier to clean. I don't recall being concerned about it making it slippery underfoot, but it was a textured floor. That might be a consideration for a tub, tho.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 7:39PM
suzanne_sl

Another thought is to use a long-handled brush to clean the tub so you don't have bend and squat to get to it. I found this in a quick search. My SIL used to use a mop.

Here is a link that might be useful: long-handled brush

Bookmark   August 2, 2014 at 1:43PM
More Discussions
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
Family of 5 - only 1 1/2 bathrooms. What would you do?
We are an active family of 5 and our bathroom situtation...
rebeccamomof123
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™