Hansgrohe Thermobalance Valve question

kmcgJuly 24, 2012

I have read great posts that explain how the TB-III can be used to run a hand shower, an overhead shower, or both at the same time. I already own the trim for the TB-II, and need to buy a valve. Is there any way to use the TB-III valve with the TB-II trim and achieve the same result?

Also, in a typical home setup, should I get the valve with service stops?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mongoct

They do include notes in the installation instructions for the TBIII along the lines of "The Themobalance III valve requires a Thermbalance III trim kit. Do not attempt to use any other trim kit with this valve."

You could also call their tech service and ask.

Stops are generally required in commercial buildings and apartment buildings, etc, where it would be impractical to turn off a portion of or the entire water supply to work on one valve in one apartment. The stops allow the building's water to remain on while working on the valve. They can certainly be used in residential, I've done it several times.

I usually control water flow to individual areas in a house with full-flow 1/4-turn ball valves in the basement. A set for the kitchen. A set for the bathroom, etc.

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 9:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kmcg

Thanks mongoct! Your posts have been so helpful as I shopped for the Hansgrohe shower stuff. It sounds like I should go for the stops as a convenience measure, unless I'm able to retrofit all the supply lines with valves for different sections of the house (what a great idea, but unlikely to happen in my vintage house).

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
Help locating a Powder Bath sink, please!
We are in the final days of a year long remodel only...
soonermagicmama
Kohler Archer Undermount Sink and Vanity Depth
Has anyone used a Kohler Archer undermount sink in...
Jill Wood
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
air /jacuzzi tub help. need to decide ASAP
http://www.costco.com/Access-Tubs-Venetian-Dual-System-Bathtub.product.100057666.html I...
matdrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™