Deep Soaking Tub Recommendations

laurencaneJuly 11, 2012

I'm looking for an affordable deep soaking tub. I think I'm leaning toward something with clean lines but I'm open to different looks at this point. It could be a stand alone, alcove, drop-in or undermount as I'm open to changing my layout a bit to accomodate the perfect tub.

The front-runner right now is the Mirabelle Edenton, but I was wondering if this tub is deep enough (obviously a subjective question for me to answer). Any recommendations for deep soaking tubs?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dekeoboe

You might want to look into the Jason International AE553. Due to the shape of the back slope, it is pretty deep.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 7:53PM
GreenDog194

We considered the Kohler "tea for two" (there is another model too with a more normal drain). I thought it was too deep at 24 inches. Sort of hard to get in and out of, but comfy when in. However, the big drawback was that the bottom had this sandpaper like stuff that I probably would never enjoy sitting upon! I understand they needed to add slip resistance to the cast iron tub, but yuck. We ended up getting the Edenton. My friend gave me great advice about deep tubs: Be Sure Not To Get It Too Long! She has a 22 inch deep Italian tub which is lovely, but it is 6 feet (or 6 feet plus?) long. She says because she can't prop her feet on anything she feels like she drowns in it. Her tub is only good when shared, so perhaps that may be a plus :)

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 4:02AM
tracie.erin

The important measurement for soaking tub is Depth(or Height) to Overflow. That's how high the water will actually come up from the bottom of the tub. I've only researched three wall alcove tubs, and the Mirabelle Edenton is the best one I found at 18 1/6."

The Mirabelle Bradentown and Provincetown are OK too at 17 1/2", with the Bradentown having the cleaner lines of the two. If I go with an air tub I will have to get the Bradentown since the Edenton does not have an access panel.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 1:16PM
writersblock

>She says because she can't prop her feet on anything she feels like she drowns in it.

I know just what she means. A couple of years ago I had a chance to try one of those extra long tubs and it was no good at all for lolling, at least not for only one person.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 5:19PM
pricklypearcactus

I really like the look and comfort of my Hydro Systems The Lacey. It has very clean lines.

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 10:43AM
loves2cook4six

love the leland and Collette tubs here:

http://www.signaturehardware.com/class123

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 2:59PM
kashmi

I love our Jason Internatinal Carrera Oval. The list price is high, but like a lot of items, they seem to be discounted. We installed it without the overflow, so it holds 22" of water. I was looking for a tub that would allow for water up over my shoulders - and finally found it!

I also find it easy to step in and out since it is free standing. Previously we had a more shallow tub with a narrow deck surround. That was much more difficult to get in and out of.
From Bathroom

Had we not wanted a free-standing model, I'd have looked more seriously at the Kohler Underscore Cube. The literature claims a soaking depth of 27.5". It is 48" square. There are other tubs in the Underscore series; I don't know if they are as deep. Worth checking out, though.

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 5:15PM
allison0704

DD2 is redoing her MB and purchased the Evolution with Everclean by American Standard. The 2422 model is deep. Has a nice slope for relaxing and built in arm rest that are not big.

In our MB, we have the Ann Soak's Onzen (now called Deep Soak, I believe) tub. It's 48" square and deep. It comes with or without jets. We have them.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 9:44AM
nycbluedevil

We have the Kohler Greek. It is 32 x 48 with a straight back. It is very deep. Great tub.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 6:39PM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...
Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look...
blondelle
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™