Interior width of Toto Cast Iron Tubs?????

rantontooJuly 17, 2014

After searching for over an hour, I am hoping someone can help with this information.

What are the basin bottom widths for the Toto (60 inches long) 1515 and 1525? The 1715 is longer; can I assume the same basin bottom width as a 60 inch tub?

Seriously, the Toto website is worthless for finding dimension other than overall length and width for individual tub models! I could only find more measurements from online sellers, and no site had the width of basins at the bottom.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scpalmetto

National Builder Supply always has this info on the spec sheets for the different tubs, I have checked this myself many times, but tonight all I am getting is "bad gateway".

I know they will be happy to give you this info if you call them.

Here is a link that might be useful: NBS link

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 7:15PM
rantontoo

Thank you for the link.

I am not sure if I read the spec sheet correctly since people rave about the width of their Toto cast iron tubs. The diagram shows 16.75 inches??? That does not seem "wide" considering Kohler lists basin base widths from 18-22.5 inches.

Big sigh,,,I want a less than 17 inch high (prefer 15-16 inches for in/out safety) flanged alcove cast iron tub with a wide basin at the base and good floor space that is a pleasure to soak AND shower in.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 10:26PM
cat_mom

We have two 1525's and we find them plenty comfortable for showering and for occasional soaks in the tub as well. Yes, it would be nice to have longer tubs, but our bathrooms aren't large enough, so the 1525's work well given our space.

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 12:40AM
rantontoo

cat_mom:

Thanks for the info on Toto use...do you think the widest part of the basin base is really 16.75 inches?????

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 11:00PM
cat_mom

Oh gosh, just saw your question.

Haven't measured it, I can tomorrow if I remember! I will say that the width seems decent. After showering in my parents' uber-narrow guest bathroom tub for the better part of a week a couple of weeks ago, our tubs seem downright spacious!!!!

The only thing I'd really prefer, is a longer tub, but couldn't have one in either bathroom.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 1:24AM
More Discussions
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
Builders Depot Direct for marble?
Anyone ever ordered from them? Their prices are tempting...
64reno64
Is Bostik TruColor grout very good?
A salesman in a tile shop recommended Bostik TruColor...
janesylvia
New bath w ikea Sektion cabinets (image heavy)
After many long months, we have our bathroom addition...
amemm
Converting Tub/Shower Combo to Dual head shower
Hello! We have a master bath in a 1936 cape cod that...
cwalen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™