Building a new home
We're building a new home. I love to cook and entertain. After doing some research here and on chowhound, I'd like your help with some final decisions. We have to buy all the appliances and we live up in Vancouver, Canada.
1. Capital Culinarian - I'd like the 36" with 6 burners. I've chosen this because I like the open burner system with all the burners having such a high BTU potential. The gas oven also seems to be reviewed favorably.
2. A second wall oven (electric). Here is where I'm having trouble deciding. I currently have an electrolux icon wall oven and I have several issues with it. While it bakes and broils well,I find the racks not very sturdy. The top ones often slide out on their own when I have a lower rack pulled out. The lower ones don't take the weight of a heavy roasting tin when half pulled out. I've had the whole rack mechanism pop off once. As such, I'm reluctant to get another one even though the reviews here seem to be very good. I'm considering the Capital Maestro but there doesn't seem to be much feedback. I'm also considering the Wolfe steam oven as a potential second oven. Above the wall over would be either a plain microwave or a microwave/convection or another combi oven such as the GE Advantium.
3. Fridge - I leaning towards the Lieberr...a 24" all column fridge and a 24" all column freezer. There will be built in side by side.
4. Hood - this will be an island hood as the CC will be on an island. I do realize this is not the norm but right now we have an island cooktop with wall oven. This set up really works for the way we entertain. As we're now switching to a range on the island, the CC will require a powerful hood. I am leaning towards one with an external blower. I've heard mention of Modern Aire as a potential. Your recommendations would be most helpful here. I would like something with a fairly contemporary slimline look, if possible.
5. Dishwashers - we will be having two. I am debating between Miele, Bosch or Asco. I've looked at Bosch and it seems that the racks aren't set up so well for loading. And feedback on all this would be most appreciated?