Stove/Range Recommendations

OyiwaaNoelaJune 1, 2014

Hello,

We are considering a new stove/range, and torn between the following 3 models. We plan to spend about a $1,000.

Wife is really interested in the warming drawer found in the Kenmore and the Samsung. i am more interested in the reliability. I would be very grateful for comments and suggestions regarding the following 3 models, and if there are alternatives we can consider in our price range.

(1) Kenmore Elite 5.6 cu ft Model # 75233 = $1099 (http://www.sears.com/kenmore-elite-30inch-gas-range-w-true/p-02275233000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1)

(2) Samsung FX710BGS = $1040 (http://www.samsung.com/us/appliances/oven-ranges/FX710BGS/XAA)

(3) LG Model: LRG3095ST = $1079 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-30-self-cleaning-freestanding-gas-convection-range-stainless-steel/9811018.p?id=1218177559023&skuId=9811018&st=LG%20Model:%20LRG3095ST&cp=1&lp=1)

Thanks very much, Oy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hvtech42

Hard to say for reliability... though my gut instinct is that the Kenmore (which is made by Electrolux) would be more reliable than the Korean brands.

A better question to ask, though, is what getting service and parts will be like when it does break eventually (because all brands do). And that's why if you're concerned about reliability I'd cross all 3 of those brands off your list. LG and Samsung have proven harder to get support for than the domestic brands. And Kenmore, well... they don't actually make anything. Sears just buys appliances from the major manufacturers with no warranty, slaps the Kenmore sticker on them, and then you're locked into them for warranty service. Out of warranty, getting service from 3rd parties for Kenmore can be more difficult because they don't make tech info available to anyone but their own technicians and there is no way to cross reference Kenmore models to those of the original manufacturer.

Bookmark   June 1, 2014 at 9:36PM
More Discussions
Bread baking in the Blue Star Range
We are in the process of building a new home and though...
mullde
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
wcutiew
Ordered my BlueStar!
I ordered and paid my deposit on my BlueStar on Saturday....
Debbi Branka
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
Sponsored Products
Sonneman Roxy Etched Glass Pendant Chandelier
Euro Style Lighting
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Exotic Lily Ivory 5 ft. x 8 ft.
Home Depot
Veneto Luce Arcadia Three-Light Dark Bronze Bath Fixture
$420.00 | Bellacor
2.5-quart Solid Copper Tea Kettle with Brass Handle
Overstock.com
30" Weiss Walnut Vessel Sink Vanity
Signature Hardware
Sea Shell Shade Iron Base Peacock Tiffany 1 Light Wall Sconce
ParrotUncle
Queen Primaloft Pillow with Piping - Soft
$39.50 | FRONTGATE
Cloud 9 Concealed Thermostatic Triple Shower Faucet Valve 2 Outlets