Replacing gas range with electric

fedupey1June 5, 2014

We are moving to a new, all-electric house so I will have to (grudgingly) replace my trusty, 18-year old DCS gas range. It is very basic - electric igniters is about as technologically advanced as it gets - but we are well used to its many idiosyncrasies and it has served us well over the years. I dread switching to electric, but there really is no good alternative.

I am hoping you can share your experiences with high-end electric ranges, or cooktop and ovens? It seems that mostly Viking does pro-look standalone electric ranges. I bake a lot, so in a way the oven matters more than the cooktop. What are the main points to consider? What are some pitfalls to avoid? What are your thoughts on induction cooktops? Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

Definitely look at induction. It has many of the advantages of gas - instant response, variable settings, etc without a flame. It is much easier to clean than standard electric even though the surface is the same due to surface not getting as hot.
I am not sure best ranges as I have a cooktop and wall ovens.

Bookmark   June 6, 2014 at 6:47AM
More Discussions
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™