Replacing gas range with electric

fedupey1June 5, 2014

We are moving to a new, all-electric house so I will have to (grudgingly) replace my trusty, 18-year old DCS gas range. It is very basic - electric igniters is about as technologically advanced as it gets - but we are well used to its many idiosyncrasies and it has served us well over the years. I dread switching to electric, but there really is no good alternative.

I am hoping you can share your experiences with high-end electric ranges, or cooktop and ovens? It seems that mostly Viking does pro-look standalone electric ranges. I bake a lot, so in a way the oven matters more than the cooktop. What are the main points to consider? What are some pitfalls to avoid? What are your thoughts on induction cooktops? Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

Definitely look at induction. It has many of the advantages of gas - instant response, variable settings, etc without a flame. It is much easier to clean than standard electric even though the surface is the same due to surface not getting as hot.
I am not sure best ranges as I have a cooktop and wall ovens.

Bookmark   June 6, 2014 at 6:47AM
More Discussions
Hood Decision - Zephyr vs Kobe
I need to make a decision on a hood to put over a 36"...
michfbgal
Can't adjust door spring on Miele Futura Dimension DW (G 5675
We just installed my new Miele dishwasher and the door...
jan_in_davis
Major Kitchen Remodel
I'm looking for a counter-depth 36" stainless...
Kim Taff
Wolf vs Thermador & Viking, Miele vs Bosch - YMMV
I use this forum often for research often so I thought...
msk6261
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™