Long, narrow bathtub recommendations?

jillalamedatJuly 26, 2014

Can anyone recommend a long, narrow bathtub with an apron and a sloped back? Ideal would be 66" - 71" long and no wider than 30", but I'll go to 32" if I have to. Our current tub is actually the perfect size (long and 29" wide), but it's from 1931 and the finish is shot (it has been refinished once, but it didn't last). They don't seem to make narrow tubs anymore unless they are also only 5' long, which is no good for my tall family. I want it narrow to conserve water as much as possible since we live in a drought area (CA).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

Look at European manufacturers such as Laufen, Duravit, Gebarit, etc. Not cheap but they do offer nice stuff in long but narrow sizes, such as Duravit's 66-7/8" x 29-1/2" 700100 00 0 00 0090 "D-Code" tub, or the 700101 that's about 71" wide but still only 31-1/2" wide. There are lots of others in a variety of configurations

Bookmark   July 26, 2014 at 3:14PM
LARemodel

You can have my tub if you can get it out without breaking it apart! It's a cast iron tub (very heavy), 66" long with sloping back, 30" width, and 15" depth. My tall teenage son complains that it's too short for his long legs.

Bookmark   July 28, 2014 at 6:42PM
szruns

The Kohler Archer tub comes long and narrow(ish). I have one that is being put in that is 32x66. I think the 6ft ones are 36 wide, but the 66 long is 32 wide. It is a nice looking tub and does have a sloped back. It is also fairly deep.

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 6:40PM
LARemodel

I was looking for tubs in a showroom today. I saw several that are long and narrow.

The Victoria and Albert (V&A) Ravello is 68" x 30" and the V&A Napoli is 75" long. These were too long for me - I was "sinking."

The Cheviot Regency cast iron claw foot tub, 72" x 30" is comfortable for me, but may be too narrow for anyone with broad shoulders. I've attached a pic - I think this would fit 1931 style, although it doesn't have an "apron."

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 11:42PM
More Discussions
Tall toilet brands?
Looking for suggestions, need taller than the standard...
jewelisfabulous
Vote Now on Color Plan 1, 2, or 3!
I have been planning the bathroom remodel for two years...
nancyinmich
Master Bath Reveal - Small space, big style
We don't have the bathroom shade installed yet, but...
piscesgirl
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
Size of light in powder room?
We are building right now. My plan for the half bath...
brodyt
Sponsored Products
Kalia | Bellino PB3 Pressure Balance Tub and Shower System
$348.00 | YBath
Americh Catalina 6040 ADA Tub (60" x 40" x 18")
Modern Bathroom
Neptune | Wind Corner Mass-Air Tub
$3,952.50 | YBath
Atlantis Tubs 3260VNAR Venetian 32 x 60 x 23 - Inch Rectangular Air Jetted Batht
Beyond Stores
Atlantis Tubs 3260SHAL Soho 32 x 60 x 20 - Inch Rectangular Air Jetted Bathtub w
Beyond Stores
Americh Turo 6030 Left Handed Tub (60" x 30" x 22")
Modern Bathroom
KOHLER Bathtubs Underscore 6 ft. Center Drain Soaking Tub in Dune 1835-VBC-NY
Home Depot
Wyndham Collection Bathtubs Soho 6 ft. Center Drain Soaking Tub in White with
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™