downloading videos

paulsmth2February 8, 2014

The software I have been using put in some changes that I will not deal with so I am looking for a replacement.

Anybody have a free or almost free software that you are using that is simple and doesn't require me to change browsers or things like that. If it supports downloads of you tube videos that would be great.

I am using firefox and thunderbird.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Richard (chuggerguy)

I really can't recommend one. The only place I ever download streaming video from is Youtube, and not often at that. I linked the extension I use for that here but it only works on youtube.com.

What I would probably do is go into "Add-ons Manager" and search for something like "video downloader" and look though them for one that purports to work on the sites I intended to use it. I'd also look at the number of users as well as the rating, with the realization that nothing works for everyone.

Perhaps somebody else will come along and recommend one from personal experience, I'm sorry, I can not.

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 12:34AM
acraftylady

For youtube videos I use keepvid. Just copy and paste the link to the video in the box and click download to the right of the box then when the pop up appears click run and when the list comes up pick what format you want and right click that link and save to the desktop. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: keepvid

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 12:21PM
paulsmth2

I downloaded the Firefox add on and it works very nicely on you tube videos. That still leaves me with the problem of downloading non you tube videos.

I looked at the keepvid site and do not want to get involved with the other changes they are pushing. Even if I unclick the three boxes and continue.... I could not be confident that they would not be making other changes in the background.

Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 9:43AM
acraftylady

Hmm I didn't have to unlock any 3 boxes, what is that? Have used it a few years now and it gives me no problem. I prefer to use IE so don't do firefox and add ons. A lot of times I have found videos that people post on facebook and stuff really come from youtube anyway. Mary

Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
switching mouse button
I'm using the mouse with my left hand and can't get...
Snomam
I-Pad WiFi question
Wife has 13 month old I-Pad mini. I also have the other...
chas045
How to transfer large videos from iPhone to XP
I've read that Windows can't import large videos from...
ginjj
Super-AntiSpyware - where do I go to get it?
Super-antispyware - that IS the GOOD one, isn't it?...
Janey - formerly jane2
Installing a free Antivirus with Malware included - recommendations
I am setting up my mom's new Asus Win 8.1 laptop. She...
debo_2006
Sponsored Products
Pacific Living Outdoor Fire Pits 32 in. Desert Tan Mid-size Wood Burning
Home Depot
X Rocker Boomer Gaming Chair with Wireless 2.1 Speakers
Overstock.com
Wifi Baby 3.0 iPhone iPad and Android Network Baby Monitor - WFB2014
$259.99 | Hayneedle
Little Cottage 8 x 12 Gingerbread Wood Playhouse - 8X12GINGERBREAD W/O FLOOR KIT
Hayneedle
Pre-owned Signed John Baldessari Exhibition Poster - LA 1990
Chairish
Picnic Time Stadium Seats & Cushions Ventura Atlanta Falcons Black Patio Sports
$69.00 | Home Depot
Antebellum Two-Tone Walnut/ Black Media Stand
Overstock.com
Ace Bayou 098 Brown Suede/Faux Leather Bean Bag Lounger - 9806101
$58.68 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™