New model: Samsung RF4267HARS

mset31CTJune 5, 2011

I was all set to buy a boring, run-of-the-mill Kenmore FD fridge at Sears yesterday, but then saw the brand new, beautiful Samsung RF4267HARS. http://www.samsung.com/us/appliances/refrigerators/RF4267HARS/XAA.

My father-in-law was with us when we were shopping and generously offered to pitch in for the fridge.

We were lucky...Sears not only price-matched an Internet price, but they also gave us back 10% of the difference. We got the fridge for about $1,000 less than the sticker price! With a deal like that, we had to jump on it asap.

That said, it's a brand new model, which is a little scary. We wanted a cool-looking fridge that could fit in our limited space. 36.5" W, 68.5" H, and this fridge has it all with the right dimensions.

FlexZone drawer, huge freezer, ice-maker and water dispenser on the outside, tons of storage inside. We originally wanted an ice maker in the freezer (I've never had a fridge w/ ice on the door before), but I think I'll end up really liking it.

The salesman said we were the first people to buy this model from his Sears location. Eeep. Does anyone out there have this fridge? Does anyone have the larger model (RF4287HARS)? I've never had a fridge with all these fancy bells and whistles, and I just wonder if that means more is going to go wrong with it. The extended warranty was about $550 so we passed on that. Did we make a good decision? Maybe I should have gotten the boring Kenmore or LGs we saw...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chac_mool

FWIW, I've been very happy with my older but somewhat similar Samsung fridge (French Door, counter-depth, three doors; model RFG238AARS), from Lowes. Its been running fine since about Labor Day 2010 -- hope your experience is as good.

Didn't see any posts of your model # (using the search form at the bottom of the page), but there have been threads about various Samsung fridges in this forum.

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 7:44PM
weedmeister

I think the 2-drawer model has been around for a while with a slightly different door for some time now. I've been looking at it and the similar Maytag for several months. This one still has twin cooling and still lets you set the temperature in the top drawer. (The Maytag has a fixed temp for the drawer.)

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 8:28PM
deanius

Have you been happy with the RF4267HARS? My in-laws are thinking about buying one.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
Best place to buy appliance parts
I have a GE range (6 yrs of age) for which I need parts....
puzzlefan
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™