cross/post Wall mount tub spout that pulls out??? Tub fixtures qu

jterrilynnJuly 13, 2014

Hello! Maybe I�m using a wrong search term. Background: I�m remodeling the master bath. The bathroom had a hideous vomit colored roman tub from 1983. Due to budget and area size I�m putting in a white sleeker version of a roman with an incorporated white skirt. The shower is separate in another area. These tubs can be a PITA cleaning as far as reaching goes. Husband does not want a deck mount. The area had a standard setup with a wall spout and above that a single lever hot and cold. I want to keep this pretty simple as far a plumbing goes, can one get a pullout wall mounted tub spout? What do you call them? I want to be able to spray the end and sides for easy cleaning. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jterrilynn

Cross post for info!
ItâÂÂs looking like there is no such thing as a wall mount pull-out spout. I guess what IâÂÂm looking for is a Tub faucet with hand shower set OR Tub mixer with hand shower set?
If you have this set-up could you PLEASE post a picture and tell me what you have and if you like it!

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 11:44AM
enduring

I have a wall mounted faucet with handset. It has 2 handles and may not be what you are looking for. It might fill slower than a standard tub filler too. Hansgrohe, Axor is the brand. There may be more contemporary styles in Axor, I don't know. Symmons is linked below for deck mounted and hand shower. I like them too.

Hansgrohe Montreux in chrome:

Here is a link that might be useful: Symmons Roman Tub Faucets

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 3:46PM
enduring

Here is a Symmons tub filler with hand shower and one lever control. This brand is a reliable brand I've read, and often used in schools, etc. There are many design styles of each configuration, it this one doesn't suit you, look at the other designs.

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 3:52PM
jterrilynn

Enduring, really like your setup! My new (1983) house is sort of a contemporary-ish, transitional eclectic something or another. I found a great deal on Hansgrohe lever sink faucets and want something that will jive. There is a Hansgrohe model similar to your tub filler but with levers that I need to stare at some more.

Boy IâÂÂm a dingbat; once I used your key words âÂÂTub Fillerâ I got all kinds of hits. Just a little flip of the wordage and Presto!

The good news is there are a lot more choices out there than I thought (although not huge). The bad news is that I have never heard of most of the brands. For example: La Torre has some real nice looking stuff at a reasonable price. The few reviews were all good on the product itself but bad that it doesnâÂÂt come with some sort of rough-in valve thingy that is hard to find (I guess).
Next, I came across this wall mount Baril from the fantasy collection that I really like. But who has heard of Baril? Not me! ItâÂÂs only $380 and must be too good to be true. However, here is the site and IâÂÂm almost convinced to give it a try.

Now that I have the right search terms my problem is finding something nice that is not so traditional or overly modern. When I do find something I like it has a name I have never heard of or itâÂÂs something wack from China.

Here is a link that might be useful: Please look here and tell me what you think

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 18:49

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 6:43PM
enduring

That is a very nice design, but like you, I'd have reservations using something I'd never heard of. I'd want to use a tried and true brand, so that I could rely on the fixture and the rough-in behind the wall. I'd skip the bargains in this case and get known product quality.

Have you seen this website linked below? They have ranked faucets. I think there is a lot of good info on it. I don't see your Baril listed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet Reviews and Ratings

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 5:59AM
jterrilynn

Enduring, you have been extremely helpful and I really appreciate it!!!
I think IâÂÂm going with the Hansgrohe Axor with the lever handles. The Axor montreux does not seem to have a matching single hole lever basin faucet but as the faucets are in another room I maybe able to use the single hole Axor Uno or the Talis C. The Uno has a open loop lever that doesn't show in picture.

Still deciding on which of these fausets.
Hansgrohe Talis c

Or Handgrohe Axor Uno

I bought this 60 x 42 tub. ItâÂÂs not what I had in mind but it fits the space so I decided to give up the battle with husband. Looks like I may be able to rest my arms on those ledges while soaking so it might not be so bad.

We are buying this toilet. I had no opposition on this pick. Toto Vespin II.

Do you see anything that hurts your eyes (besides the tub as I have to go with that)? Think I can get away with one of those faucet picks? The vanities are in another room.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 10:41

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 10:36AM
jterrilynn

I wonder if the Talis C can sit right on the countertop or shallow lip single hole over-mount sink like the Axor Uno one. GRRR another thing to look up! I don't want that mount plate thing.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 11:01

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™