penny round tile

deb1226July 23, 2012

Has anyone used penny round tile...on the floor or as a tub surround? Just wondering on how easy the install is and the upkeep. I'd love any input and pics would be great! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hags00

If you are doing a large area in them picture yourself setting a solid 12x12 tile level in a bed of peanut butter, fairly easy, press on the entire thing down then put a little more pressure on the high corner or side to set it down. With a sheet of penny tile it is not quite that simple and you have to take more care to get them level. Not at all impossible, just harder.

Not sure if they have the slip resistance to make them suitable for floors so check with the seller or check the spec sheet from the manufacturer.

Grout space is the biggest issue most people will have with penny tile. There tends to be a bit more grout area. People tend to like to minimize grout because it can mold and attract dirt so keep that in mind for the location of your penny tile.

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 12:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kamkar2006

I did use this tile in the kids bathroom floor and a little in the bath niche. I was charged an upcharge to install this tile and it took them quite a while to do it! They did an ok job but I still feel like the floor is not level. Once they clear all the mess and floor coverings this week I will take a pic.

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 10:54PM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™