36' Wolf cooktop over Bosch 800 Series single oven

jilrose87June 26, 2012

Trying to determine if a 36" wolf cooktop can be installed over the Bosch 800 Series single wall oven. How might I find this out. Also, if you have a 36" cooktop, is it 5 or 6 burners and why was this your choice. Thanks you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

Read the installation instructions.

Available at wolf-subzero and bosch sites.

Also some shopping sites.

I am almost certain they will say mixing brands will void warranty. But you need to know if Bosch allows under-counter intallation and how much clearance the wolf needs.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 9:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara_the_brit_z6_ct

I have a 36" Bertazzoni drop-in cooktop mounted over a 27" Bosch 500 series oven. Bosch definitely have no problem with under-counter installation (it's typical in Europe).
You will need to check the installation diagrams on both items, from their websites - they will give the clearances required. My installation required that either the oven be dropped an inch lower, into the toe kick, or that the counters be raised an inch, to create a sufficient gap. I opted for the counters to be raised: this was done by adding a one inch layer of plywood, faced on the outer edge to match my cabinet doors exactly, then the counter mounted on top.

The Bertazzoni is a 6 burner, with continuous grates, which I love. I am currently renting a vacation place with a 5 burner stove, and I think I prefer the configuration of the 6, but that's probably because of the grates, and also on the rental, the high powered burner is in the middle, which is a nuisance to me.

Good luck with your plan - but check the installation diagrams in detail.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
New cooktop slightly smaller than old cutout in granite
I have a 36 " gas cooktop in my granite countertop...
chirs1
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Need a second oven/micro combo for island installation/under counter
We are getting ready to remodel our kitchen and were...
ksdeclue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™