Any experience with Kitchenaid Proline ranges and dishwashers?

janitor53June 9, 2014

Specifically looking at the models KGSS907PSS for the range and KDTE404DPSS for the dishwasher. They are the stainless models with the "pro-style" handle.
Looking to replace my old, white appliances with these and really having a tough time making some decisions. The range looks like it "might" be underpowered in the burner area with only one semi-powerful burner. Any thoughts on either of these appliances?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookncarpenter

I recently bought the dishwasher, and love it so far! Super quiet, and it has a heated dry setting so dishes come out dry as well as clean! :)
I can't help you on the range, as I have a Bluestar, which I could not live without....

Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 6:52PM
jellytoast

I have the dishwasher as well. Agree with ctycdm, it is VERY quiet. I pretty much wash my dishes before loading the DW, so I can't comment on how well it cleans. It does dry them nicely, though! The little covers on the flatware containers that allow you to keep the pieces separated are a bit of a pain and have a tendency to fall off. And don't be fooled into thinking the DW has a stainless steel interior, as it is just stainless-colored plastic (retracted: the tub is stainless, the door is plastic).

This post was edited by jellytoast on Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 19:40

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 5:40PM
hvtech42

Stainless colored plastic? That's a new one. You sure about that?

Prewashing or even just prerinsing is not only a waste of water, it can lead to permanent etching.

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 6:43PM
jellytoast

Stainless colored plastic? That's a new one. You sure about that?

I thought I was, but I went in and looked again. The interior of the door appears to be stainless colored plastic, at least that's what it looks and feels like. The tub itself feels different and is stainless steel according to their website.

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 7:38PM
shaking

I just purchased the KA freestanding range and can say its a disappointment. The burners just dont work well and over all it seems cheaply made. The service tech is coming out due to a scratch on the range and the fact that the knobs get burning hot anytime you use the over for over 30 mins. I think you have many more options at a nice range given the amount you want to spend.

Bookmark   June 15, 2014 at 7:18PM
More Discussions
Food Processor - Old Cuisinart, New Cuisinart, Used Robot Coupe?
I am thinking about getting a Cuisinart food processor. I...
johnliu_gw
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™