The tree is up

milosmom_gwNovember 28, 2010

Oh what a workout!! lol

I had hoped to put it in front of the big windows in front but it just stuck out into the room so much so it's planted in the corner instead.

We never use that door anyways as DH parks in back and I have issues in my knee getting up and down the front steps so it worked out well.

I've waited a long time to do this color scheme and am very very happy with the way it came out. It also has red/clear lights on it but I couldn't get a pic of it at all despite numerous attempts.

and the table has been changed to match...

and the sidecabinet to..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

What a huge, BEAUTIFUL tree!! No wonder you got a work-out decorating that. WOW. Your tablesetting is very pretty, and I like all the red on the side cabinet.
Does your big jar have a pedestal base? I can't tell from the photo. I got one like it, with a pedestal base, yesterday and love the size of it.
Had to laugh at myself tho...I paid too much. I had to go to my daughter's and noticed the church near her was having a rummage sale. It was the end of their second day.
Darn!! I stopped to look around, very little left that wasn't clothes or just was junky. Then I spied the huge jar and was thrilled. I went to pay and the lady said things were ONE DOLLAR as they were getting ready to close.
Well the money goes to children for their charity. So I gave her $5 for the jar. LOL. Guess I failed bargain buying.

Gosh I love your tree, and makes me wish I could have a big one like that. My cats would love it too much. You are lucky, I don't think Pugs climb trees. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 2:22PM
rafor

Love your tree! It's so cheerful.

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 2:33PM
nana2010_gw

Your tree is lovely, it must have taken forever to do. You table is elegant and the side table is lovely as well.
NanaKaren

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 2:47PM
luvstocraft

MM, the red/silver looks great together--what's the other color I'm seeing? Is it black or green, can't really tell on my monitor. Your table looks "elegant" love the layering of the plates/charger. Nice candle holders and pretty red candles on the side table too. You're off to a great start--I'm still trying to figure out how to box up all my Fall! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 2:49PM
lynnencfan

just lovely - very striking - love your table setting also .....

Lynne

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 3:54PM
milosmom_gw

Thank you :)!
Karen : No, the jar doesn't have a base. It's actually just a very large flower vase that I tend to stuff all kinds of things in rather than flowers. lol

Nana: About 9 hours from dragging everything out to finish. Oiiii. lol

Luvs: The 3rd color is black. I've waivered back and forth for awhile about using it but decided , just go with it and see what happened.

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 6:46PM
bleigh

Your tree is so full and pretty. Love the silver and red too. Table is really elegant...y'all are inspiring me to go get some pretty dishes for my table!!

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 7:38PM
kathleen_li

The tree looks beautiful! I am jealous you are finished!
And the table is lovely too!

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 7:41PM
ladypat1

That table is just beautiful and elegant!! It would work for New Year's Eve too. And your tree has just the right amount of everything, so huge, too. Again, love that table.

Pat

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 8:26PM
jeannespines

OMgosh, MM...that tree is loaded!...looks beautiful...I love the 3 colors tog! When it's lit up, you must take some more pics to share! Your t'scape certainly "matches"...very elegant ... & your sidetable is lovely, too. Wow, you are speedy! (well, 9 hrs probably didn't feel like it!) TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 8:45PM
oldalgebra

That's a beautiful decorating job on the tree. How long did it take????? I wish I could hire me a tree trimmer. I dread the work. I get so impatient.

Your table is beautiful. I think it might be the best one I've seen you produce so far. You just keep getting better and better. I love the double napkin thing you did.

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 9:55PM
phonegirl

MM. love your color choice and everything is beautiful. I love black with most colors but this is stunning.

Punk

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 1:06AM
jenangelcat

Love it. We have some black decorations for our tree. It really adds something extra to the scheme.

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 8:33AM
excessfroufrou

I just saw on an HGTV holiday special that some of the best trees are decorated using 3 colors and yours is a testament to that. I love trees with lots and lots of ornies, you did great. Your table is very elegant and your napkins look like candles to me.
Frou

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 1:29PM
lynninnewmexico

That looks so pretty and cheery, MM! I always think that red at Christmas is so lovely and holiday-ish. How nice that your table now carries on that theme, too!

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Toddler' February Art
For all you grandmothers out there: Materials: One...
oldalgebra
test 2
Caroline's table
nana2010_gw
"Inspiration Pictures" reminder
Hi Gang.....thought I'd remind you I've got a bunch...
Purplemoon
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
Sponsored Products
Marcy Sit Up Slant Board/Decline Bench - JD 1.2
$49.98 | Hayneedle
Cerno Silva Baltic Birch and Beech LED Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Alo LED Table Lamp by Cerno
$445.50 | Lumens
Aztec Lighting Cosmopolitan 5-light Chandelier