Look what my sweet friend sent me!

luvstocraftNovember 28, 2010

The week before Thanksgiving, a box arrived at my door. I hadn't ordered anything so couldn't imagine what it might be. A quick scan of the box revealed that it was from my sweet friend, Ms. Karen. Just look at what she shared with me!

She remembered that I really liked these chargers but wasn't finding them at our local Walmart here--so she sent me some! I want to keep them out all the time, they are even more pretty than in the pictures I've seen.

She also shared these fun placemats. Don't they just make you chuckle when you see them? And the colors are so pretty. I need to find a way to keep them out all during Christmas for everyone to enjoy--maybe I can figure out a way to hang one on the wall, or maybe gently sew the corners onto an existing pillow and display it on the couch--just too fun to just lay on the table, don't you think?

She also shared this lovely fall plate. How can I not love this and think of her everytime I look at it???? It not only has ACORNS on it--but it's PURPLE!

Thank you again for this neat surprise, Karen, you are such a thoughtful and treasured friend.

Hugs,

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
livvyandbella

How sweet Karen. What a nice surprise for you Luvs. I love those placemats, they do make me smile.

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 2:28PM
nana2010_gw

What a thoughtful gift. The placemats are too cute. That plate is adorable.
NanaKaren

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 2:45PM
kathleen_li

Lovely! I saw a table done with those plates, I wish I could remember which blog!
No BAH humbugs on Holidays, and Karen is indeed, a sweet friend!

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 7:51PM
Marlene Kindred

Very cool! That Karen is the best, isn't she? Love the chargers...I snagged some after seeing them on this forum a couple of weeks ago...love them!

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 9:17PM
jeannespines

Those placemats would certainly make wonderful pillow covers! Cute! Lots of class, that purplemoon! Wonderful gifts, luvs! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 11:43PM
phonegirl

Luvs and Karen, it's like you two know each other! Wonderful gifts from our sweet Karen to you Luvs. I'm so glad she was able to get you some of the acorn chargers. You of all people should have some of them. I looked but our Walmart was out. Cute placemats and lovely purple plate. So glad you two are still having fun.

Punk

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 11:59PM
Purplemoon

Luvs, I'm glad you are so happy with the goodies. Its fun to shop for both of us, as we are so much alike. I like the idea of those silly sheep as pillows. They crack me up. I'd found them on Etsy, set of 4, and just knew that I had to share with you.

Punk we do 'know' each other. We met on Garden Junk years ago, and then came here. We have long emailed one another
off the Forums and found we have soooo much in common! Then when she got to visit me during a motorhome trip, for an afternoon of shopping at the huge antique mall, we just had a blast and it felt like we'd been friends forever.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 3:11AM
lynninnewmexico

Love the chargers and the Baaaah Humbug's too! As for the plate, it's beautiful! Yes, I agree, that Karen is a very special friend.
Lynn

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 3:03PM
Oakley

Karen's a sweetie, isn't she?

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 3:08PM
jaybird

Those placemats are great!!! I'm just smilin'!
I'm glad you got the chargers...I looked for them here, but was never successful....Karen is GOOD!!
Hugs to you both,
J

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 12:03PM
More Discussions
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
Toddler' February Art
For all you grandmothers out there: Materials: One...
oldalgebra
Our Xmas Display inside & out 2014
My Christmas in case you missed it w/carols, many changes...
aputernut
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
Testing ... a pic & text.
Testing this again ... I posted one pic earlier today...
jeannespines
Sponsored Products
Henri Studio Relic Lava Pina Cascada Fountain
Lamps Plus
Gabbeh Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Armstrong Three-Light Black Outdoor Large Upward Wall Lantern with Clear Watergl
$306.00 | Bellacor
Home Decorators Area Rug: Halo Rust 7' 9" Round
Home Depot
Walnut Street Desk - Chestnut - FUB560
$429.00 | Hayneedle
Lines Make a Star Art Print
$22.99 | Dot & Bo
Tech Lighting | Fluid Round Large Ceiling Light
$214.40 | YLighting
Hinkley Lighting Bolla Olde Bronze LED / Opal Glass Mini-Pendant Light
$199.00 | LuxeDecor
People viewed this after searching for: