Kids' art calendar, an almost free gift

Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, ALNovember 16, 2011

How does one get rid of use all of the masterpieces little kids bring home? The refrigerator just isn't big enough. If you have and like Excel or a similar spreadsheet program, it's easy to make a calendar with the boxes. You can put family events like birthdays, anniversaries, vacations, last day of school, if you want.

Then use 12 of those stunning creations as the artwork at the top of each month, use glue or double-sided. Bind the pages with ribbons or string tied in bows and let your kid design a personalized cover page for each calendar. (I love you gramma! or Arthur's Artworks.) If some of the artworks are bigger than the page, just glue the middle, then fold the edges to make it fit. Kind of like a pop-up book.

If you really want to get fancy, there are free fonts out there that look like little ghosts, ornaments, fireworks, hearts, leaves, snowflakes, etc... for months that have a big holiday or season change. It's fun to write 'January' with snowflake letters. You can also include some photos or whatever other personalizations you can think of.

You don't feel guilty about throwing all of that art away, yet it's out of the house, and the kids are so proud. Relatives absolutely love getting them, especially if they live far away. You can also make one to have at work, or for different rooms in your own house.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Love projects w/kids' artworks! TFS!

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 6:46PM
Purplemoon

That's a wonderful idea. I'm going to tell my daughter as she has a little girl in 2nd grade.
Thanks for sharing. And welcome to our Forum.

karen

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 7:35PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Thanks jeanne.

And thanks, purple, from another purple. Hahaha! I usually hang out on the garden side but knew I'd find a forum over here to discuss Christmas stuff. Fun!

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 12:18PM
More Discussions
Not finding any inexpensive beanie baby duckies and . . .
I expect the nearer to Easter it gets, the higher the...
oldalgebra
Valentine Decor
It was a little crazy decorating this year for Valentine's...
phonegirl
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
Testing ... a pic & text.
Testing this again ... I posted one pic earlier today...
jeannespines
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™