grohe rain shower head

naadimreJuly 8, 2013

here's the link: goo.gl/aMQvG

i'm looking at the F-series 20" ref# 27288 000
...i know hansgrohe is very highly recommended here, but the analogous hansgrohe one, which is 24", is 2-3X more money.

any experience with the Grohe rain showers, even if it is not this exact one? Grohe has a technology called "dreamshower"...wondering if this is like hansgrohe's Rain Air technology?

thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elphaba_gw

We had a smaller Grohe rainshower installed - model no. 27 135 000 - 6 1/4 inch face diameter. We also have a fixed shower head and a hand held shower in same shower so we don't use the rain shower much. It has three settings, mild, strong and stronger - There are reviews on Amazon which complain about the amount of plastic. They didn't convince me not to buy because especially in a bathroom environment, plastic can be a good thing. And it doesn't have a cheap feel to it IMO

I love the fixed shower we have, (don't know the brand). I wouldn't trade the rain shower for the fixed shower which puts out a heckuva powerful stream - but the rain shower has been good. I use it occasionally.

It was my understanding that a rain shower will never have the power of a fixed shower no matter what brand. By definition, it is supposed to be gentle, depending mainly on gravity (which is why you want it installed in the ceiling and not in the side wall - to increase the gravity.) But I am a newbie with this stuff - just some things I have read.

Hope this info helps.

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 11:34AM
More Discussions
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
if studs are 16' apart, can i have a 24' medicine cab recessed?
can the builder recess a medicine cabinet wider than...
srg215
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™