Miele G4205 dishwasher smelly dishes

shaunamavonJune 10, 2013

I bought my Miele G4205 in January 2013 and have been having problem with smelly dishes.I have spent many hours on the phone with Tech Support. Service has come out and put in a new rinse aid dispenser and increased the temperature of the wash water. Still had smelly dishes I was told by the installer to only use 2tsp of detergent-soft water) cascade complete and rinse aid(Miele on 3)--smelly dishes and lots of suds. Told by service tech the soap residue will cause an odor. Found out the rinse aid was causing the suds. Turned off rinse aid dispenser. and now have wet smelly dishes. Switched to Miele Tabs got even more suds(even using only a quarter)! Tried Method smarty tabs(1/2) but the glasses still smell. Have read all the old posts and tried all the suggestions. When I hand rinse the glasses and the dry them they don't smell! This is the only dishwasher that fits in my existing kitchen(previous owner built counters 1/2 below standard height). Any advice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rococogurl

Did you check & rinse off the filter in the bottom? See what the residual water in the filter well looks like? When I was using Miele tabs I found bits of them in that well and ran a couple of sani cycle loads to clear that out.

Any gunk stuck in the spray arms?

I'd use the Miele DW cleaner and then run 2 sani cycles. Then try a dish load with a Finish Quantum tab which has some bleach. Worth a try.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 5:51PM
shaunamavon

The water looks fine. This has been going on since the machine was new. I was told not to use bleach based cleaners in the machine. The spray arms are clean and clear.The dishes look sparkling clean. They just smell. Does anyone use as little as 1/4 tab in their machine?

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 6:47PM
weissman

Quantum Finish tabs contain oxygenated bleach, not chlorine bleach. They work great and are recommended by many DW manufacturers.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 7:31PM
rococogurl

I have a whole house water softener and went through drying issues at first. It works perfectly now. My rinse aid is set on 3.

Has your onboard water softener been disabled? If not, it should be. They can do it on the phone.

If so, my best suggestion is Miele's dishwasher cleaner first. Then 2 sani cycles with an empty dishwasher and then a Finish Quantum in the next load.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 11:57AM
noopd

there were a few old post that says some dishwashing agents are "not compatible" and cascade seems to be the worst with some of these new dishwashers. I have a miele and I get the Finish tab with powerball (not quantum). and sometimes i have jet-dry rinse aid and we never had any problem (we have a new miele futura dimension). maybe u can try them.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 11:37PM
More Discussions
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
Appliance Budget -$15k. How to spend?
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™