Very simple Halloween table

maximavswifeNovember 2, 2010

It was just DH and I and I had had a busy day with yard work but I did find time to set a simple Halloween table. I bought the napkins and the sparkly spider web tablecloth on clearance at Kohl's last year. The napkin rings were a thrift store find and reminded me of snakes. The silver chargers came from Target dollar spot. The plates are paper and were clearance finds at HL last year. I purchased the Jack O' Lantern, boa, books and candlesticks when I went thrifting with Christmas Candy a few weeks ago. The candlesticks were originally white but I spray painted them with flat black with Halloween in mind. I notice CC and I found the same book and used in our decor :) Please pardon the quality of the photos. I took the pictures with my Iphone.

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween table

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

MM, did you do this before Halloween, or are you just still enjoying all your finds? Nice that you were able to use the treasures you found while shopping with CC. I love the title of that book "Son of a Witch"! LOL Hope your DH enjoyed your cute table too. Luvs

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 9:45PM
maximavswife

Luvs,
Nope I did this Sunday for our Halloween dinner. I am still enjoying my deals found while shopping with the thrift store queen, CC. DH did enjoy the table as well as the special meal I prepared, roasted beast w/ fall veggies(roast beef)with bats brains (cauliflower)in a dijon cheese sauce and mashed ghost guts (potatoes) with vampire gravy (red wine gravy) :)
Kath

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 10:25PM
Purplemoon

Kath, I also love the title of that one book. LOL. And the boa on the Jack's head, makes him look like a Punk Rocker. (I find them scary too, LOL).
I cracked up over your menu wording, that would have sent my DH running for nearest fast food place.

Such fun, everything!
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 11:35PM
jeannespines

Good for you, maxi...your Halloween table looks very inviting & the menu sounds wonderful! That web cloth is cool for Halloween...& your finds shopping with candy are fun! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 11:42PM
phonegirl

Kath, great to see your new finds and I enjoyed seeing all your other tables too. You have so many pretty dishes that I couldn't resist browsing and enjoying. Thanks.

Punk

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 2:08AM
maximavswife

Karen, DH is such a good sport :) He was actually helping to come up with names for the food :) I balked at anything he wanted to use the word "pus" in LOL!
Jeanne, I wish I could use that cloth for other 'scapes as it is really pretty IRL....hmmm...maybe I'll incorporate it into our anniversary tablescape?? LOL! And shopping w/ CC was such a thrill.
Ahh Punk, thanks for looking at my other tablescapes :) I don't have to explain to anyone here the dish obsession we each fall victim to :) I am super excited as I have found my dream dining table and will be going at lunch today to pick it up. We will eventually be turning our never used formal living room into a dedicated dining room. The future tablescaping I will be able to do kept me up most of the night!

Kath

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 11:13AM
slinkey

Kath....Cute tablesetting for your 'Halloween Meal.
I agree with Jeanne your web tablecloth is cool, and a great color. It's also different from what we've been seeing. Love the Book Title....very funny.
I peeked at your other photos too, and enjoyed your pretty settings. TFS

jane

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 3:48PM
nana2010_gw

Kath, what a fun table!!! The menu was great. The title of the book is cute, my DGD had it, the title is cute the story ---not so much.
I peeked at your other pictures also very,very nice.
Looking forward to seeing your next creation. Can't wait to see your new dining room table!
NanaKaren

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
from Purplemoon
I still haven't gotten Houzz to accept my old name,...
Purplemoon
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
test
A test link to a photo
nana2010_gw
Our Xmas Display inside & out 2014
My Christmas in case you missed it w/carols, many changes...
aputernut
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™