kitchen remodel- 36" dual fuel range

newkitchen13June 26, 2013

Any comments on the Electrolux Icon 36" Dual Fuel Range?
Is this a good quality range or it's just for the looks, and i should invest $1000 -$1500 more and get a Thermador or Viking?
I like the self cleaning, the easy glide racks, dual fuel that can get expensive in other models, the look and the fact that it's slightly less bulky than the others...

Thank you for your appreciated input!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

Dual fuel ranges, among their many features, include integrated circuit boards that cost $800 plus to replace. Some brands +++++.

Capital offers two all gas ranges with self-clean ovens and easy glide racks.

The Capital Precision is $500 more than the Electrolux DF. IMO much better quality, fit finish, and service. The Precision features all 19k btu sealed burners that can also simmer. The one advantage of the Electrolux is that their small 5k btu burner has a flame pattern better fit for really small pots like 1.5 qt. On the Precision the sides of small pots can get very hot and burn any food smeared on the sides of the pot.

The one major advantage of the Capital oven is that they feature a heavy duty motorized rotisserie.

On the top side of your budget you can get a Capital Culinarian. These have the same ovens as the Precision but have 23k btu open burners. These offer extremely good heat evenness and power. They have same issue with small pots. But rumor is they will be offering Culinarians with small pot burners soon.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
Tall wine cooler
Would like some feedback on wine cooler. Some that...
mcaprizs
Capital Culinarian Huge Problems - HORRIBLE customer service!
I bought a Culinarian because of what I read here on...
explauren
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
johnnytugs1! Thank you!
John, Thank you for your valuable advice! After a long...
emmachas_gw
steam oven instead of a warming drawer?
So, I have decided to get a tiny cheap microwave instead...
Dietitian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™