kitchen remodel- 48" built in fridge

newkitchen13June 26, 2013

I am remodeling my kitchen and set my mind on professional appliances until i started to add up all i need...

Any comments on the expensive Viking 48" built in with dispenser? i want to make sure my money is well invested. I like that it can be installed completely flush and that all the door shelves are actually metal and not plastic. I am told that Viking now manufactures their own fridges whereas they used to be manufactured by Amana.

also any thoughts on a much different product KENMORE PRO 48" built in which is apparently being discontinued (manufactured by Samsung)... prices are very attractive....

any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

Viking is the last fridge I would consider.

Recently purchased by another company, Middleby, they have let a lot of senior management go and in general they are a company in flux. And their recent quality reflects it.

I considered the Kenmore Pro 48". On the day I finally decided to buy it I showed up at Sears Outlet only to find it was sold. I was not willing to pay full price. I haven not read any feedback outside of Sears own website about this model but Samsung in general gets good reviews.

If you want a more established brand of built-in 48" fridges I would look at KitchenAid. I still think Subzero is the best 48" fridge but about $2500 more than KA.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 11:01PM
wekick

I have had a KA 48 inch frig since 07. At the time it was only about $1000 less than the SZ but I liked the layout so much better. The fit and finish is less that what the SZ would be as I had an issue with the doors being uneven that they couldn't fix because the gaskets were manufactured at different sizes but....in spending close to $20,000 in appliances, It is the ONLY kitchen appliance I put in that has worked flawlessly and has been trouble free and would possibly recommend.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 3:39PM
swimman

I had the KA 48" for 8.5 years before moving and it worked and looked perfectly over that time. The only issue I had was having to replace the ice maker early on but after that it was smooth sailing.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 9:07AM
More Discussions
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Regret buying Kitchenaid double ovens...should I go with Bosch?
Newbie here...we are planning a remodel and I ordered...
lavalocks19
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
Blue Star grill igniter--is it broken?
My Blue Star grill is becoming finicky when I try to...
nycbluedevil_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™