bathroom countertop materials

blingymoJuly 27, 2012

I am redoing my master bathroom. I have a 6.5' counter with sink that I will be replacing. I would like to put in a larger sink, with a max of 37-38" to work with for sink installation, due to a vanity seat area. The plan is to put two faucets, which I know is tight, but it the best I can do on space. I have considered granite (I'm in love with Cosmos) with an undermount sink (found a 36" one at Wetstyle, but it probably costs a mint - haven't gotten price on that yet). I am also looking at Staron solid surface counter (in Radiance - as you can see from my name, I like sparkle!) and wondering if I can have an integrated sink in the appropriate size. I have never done any remodeling, so all these choices and decisions are new to me. And I have yet to check out prices on any of these options. What do you think is my best choice of countertop material and way to get a larger sink?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

In our bath we went with corian solid surface because I like the softer feel of the material and it's warmer than stone. I also wanted the one piece integrated sink...no rims or undermount gaps or anything....just one smooth shape. We did the corian for the seat in the shower as well...much warmer to sit on than stone.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Master bath remodel - faucet help
I'm trying to decide between a few faucets for my sinks...
melissapta
Bathtubs for taller people
I am renovating a family bathroom and would like to...
twingle
No door to bathroom
We are picking our interior doors out tomorrow. I like...
holcombe3
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™