new i phone 5 s

vannieJanuary 11, 2014

we went to the Verizon place and they set us all up, or so we thought. Any app I want to use calls for a username and password, and then tells me mine are incorrect. I can get very few apps to open, and now the FB app has affected my I pad and now it's asking for username and password and then say somebody else is using that e mail. Yes, that would be me. I got to the point it took my fingerprint, but I can't open anything w/o those bits of info that they tell me are incorrect. Anybody have any experience with this/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SnidelyWhiplash

Why not direct your question to Verizon tech support?

Bookmark   January 11, 2014 at 11:29PM
mike_kaiser_gw

You need an Apple ID (email address and password) to download apps, music, etc. That can be different than your user ID and password for things like Facebook, Twitter, email, banking, etc.

You should be able to reset your, for example, Facebook password without effecting your Apple ID.

Bookmark   January 13, 2014 at 8:11AM
vannie

We have spent so much time at the Verizon store, that when we walk in, they're all gonna duck and cover. I have my SIL's Netflix and can't get it to open on the phone--only on my Ipad. Same is true w/ Kindle. Daughter has put a lot of books on there for me and I can only open them on my I pad,. I have a Kindle, but those books are more expensive than what she's got on Kindle via the I pad.

I told the man in the Verizon store, that if he'd look around, he had no customers under the age of 60. And that was true. LOL

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 10:20AM
SnidelyWhiplash

I don't bother dealing with Verizon's in-store people for anything other than getting a new phone every 2 years. At least in my area, they're too often just space cadets with limited knowledge. There are a number of company stores near me and they all seem to have people of the same profile.

If you have unanswered questions, features that you don't understand or items that aren't functioning to your satisfaction, try calling the Verizon Wireless support number. Use a different phone than the one you're trying to get setup right, so that you can talk and make screen entries at the same time. I've always had satisfactory outcomes when dealing with over-the-phone support and customer service.

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 3:00PM
More Discussions
Chrome browser crashes
Every time I click a link to open with Chrome browser,...
grandms
I-Pad WiFi question
Wife has 13 month old I-Pad mini. I also have the other...
chas045
switching mouse button
I'm using the mouse with my left hand and can't get...
Snomam
Password needed for Avast?
Computer is going on 1 yr old and I've been getting...
breenthumb
Volume won't turn up
I have an HP Pavillion G7 with Win8 and the speakers...
cornsnake_lover
Sponsored Products
Sunny Day at the Beach Hand-painted Wine Glass
$34.50 | FRONTGATE
Brushed Nickel Chandelier 4-Light
PLFixtures
Nautical Antique Brass One-Light Sconce with Frosted Glass
$455.50 | Bellacor
Veneto Luce Dakota Double Bar Linear Suspension by Justice Design Group
$1,611.00 | Lumens
Anthracite Vertical Flat Panel Aluminum Designer Radiator 63 x 12.5
Hudson Reed