Prelit Trees?

santacltr2November 21, 2010

I'm thinking of getting 2 new prelit trees since there are 2 that I have to light. They are the old type you have to put the branches in. I'm getting older and it takes me forever to do the living room tree. I have a problem with the prelit they all look to be thinner. I like a full tree. Do you have a full prelit?

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nonacook

I don't have a prelit tree, but have been using some of the parts to a tree like you have for hanging arrangement background greenery. Those limbs that 'just stick in' make great greenery....Don't throw them away--share them!!!

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 10:48AM
jeannespines

Hobby Lobby has quite a selection...here is one we had for about 6 or 7 yrs & then we went back to a real tree last yr. It came in 3 pcs (but was still very heavy)...a good, full tree. Have fun with whatever you choose! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 10:57AM
lovesummer1

One of the nicest trees I've seen is a prelit from Home Depot! The new trees with the plastic needles look much more realistic and full than the old silk trees. I've been tempted to replace mine for a few years but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I'd absolutely get the hinged variety rather than the kind where you insert each branch. That's a real pain, and I used to end up with very scratched-up hands. But nonacook is right, the branches do make great greens to put on top of furniture, on mantels, on benches; just make sure you hide the hook end.

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 11:04AM
santacltr2

Jeanne, love the Santa & Mrs. Claus in front of your tree. I'll have to check out Hobby Lobby now and see if they have a good one for me.

Nonacook I would freecycle the trees.

Nancy

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 11:06AM
jeannespines

Thanks, Nancy...we donated our tree to a new business nearby & she used it last yr, I know. Anyway, I should have said this one also had the "hinged branches" ...which is very nice compared to what you are doing now with single branches to insert. Also if lights burned out, the whole tree did NOT go out...Good luck! HL usually has 50% sales alot at this time of the yr. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
Not finding any inexpensive beanie baby duckies and . . .
I expect the nearer to Easter it gets, the higher the...
oldalgebra
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Sponsored Products
Runner Peshawar Chobi Hand Knotted Wool Floral Green Natural Dyes Rug H6056
BH Sun Inc
Couture Fiesta Key Palm Silver Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Raymond Dabb Yelland 'Cypress Tree,Carmel Bay' Oil on Canvas Art
Overstock.com
New Growth Jewelry Tree
$21.99 | Dot & Bo
Chooty and Co. Tree Lined Suede Mitten Stocking Red - TTM19810320
$58.99 | Hayneedle