GE Monogram (post 2009 redesign) experiences?

Samantha_NBJune 26, 2012

Hello,

We're debating between GE Monogram and a couple of other models for our built-in refrigerator. I understand that GE Monogram did a substantial redesign in 2009 to fix some issues (freezing the fresh food, flawed ice maker, etc.) Has anyone bought a GE Monogram built-in fridge since the redesign? What have your experiences been?

Thanks so much!

Samantha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenny_from_the_block

I don't know anything about the quality of GE Monogram vs other brands but we are looking at 48" integrated / panel ready frig models (there aren't a lot of them that we've found) and the quote we got for the Monogram was the same price for the most part as the quote we got for a Sub-Zero. Kitchen Aid makes one also, it was approximately $1500 or so less than Suz-Zero or Monogram (so still pretty pricey). The 48" side by side gave more frig space than the 24" columns.

Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 9:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
my3cents

I'm just finishing a kitchen renovation and went back and forth on whether to buy a 48" built in side by side SZ or the GE monogram with custom panels. Loved the sub zero but it had slightly less usable square inches in the freezer than the monogram and it was $1800 more expensive. Read all the problems with mold and cooling for GE and am still concerned, but went with it anyway (model ZiS480NX)because we needed the extra freezer space. The GE customer service reps, who were far and away the most helpful of any fridge manufacturer (throughout this process I talked to Jenn-Air, Kitchenaid, Thermador, SZ, etc), told me that many of the parts are now being manufactured in TN not China because of all the probs they have had. Don't know if that is true, but clearly I hope so. Will report back on the new fridge once I've had it awhile. BTW: my 16 year old GE profile side by side never needed one service call in 16 years and has always done a perfect job keeping foods fresh and at the right temps. All shelves and bins look like new.

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 2:22PM
More Discussions
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™