Tall Narrow Frig?

CrazyintheKitchenJune 14, 2013

We have a very small kitchen for a family of 5, with a 14 cft frig and another 18cft unit in the basement. I am researching the idea of replacing the kitchen frig with a tall narrow frig/freezer (approx 24" width) to increase our limited counter space. I realize that we will lose some cubic feet in the process, in both the frig and the freezer. However, we don't use the current cold space that we have efficiently, ie too much sits in there that really isn't used very often or that fossilized many moons before I find it. I think we can manage with a smaller unit if we got smart about our use of it. Plus, the large frig downstairs helps a lot.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this notion, and perhaps can recommend a brand/model? There don't seem to be too many options on the market. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

Liebherr makes 24" refrigerators and often are used in situations similar to yours. Of late, quality issues seem to have surfaced again with this company.

You may wish to go to ajmadison.com and do a search under refrigerators, specifying width of 24". There is another manufacturer as I recall. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 5:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

check Fagor, Summit, LG.

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
Tall wine cooler
Would like some feedback on wine cooler. Some that...
mcaprizs
KitchenAid Dishwasher Leaking Water - Defective Pump Clamp Recall
After dinner, we ran the dishwasher (KitchenAid KUDE60FXSS4)...
mn_runner
48 INCH DUAL FUEL RANGE OR LP GAS
Planning to purchase the 48 inch- dilemma: any inputs...
hkwan
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™