Using a tall(er) faucet on an undermount sink?

EdeLaJuly 3, 2012

Hello!

We are renovating the main bathroom in our house and I am considering putting a tall-ish faucet (HansGrohe Metris S at 10" high) with a 'regular' sink (not a vessel sink).

Reason being, when I wash my face I like to cup my hands under the tap and splash the water on my face a few times. My current faucet (about 4" tall...average height given what I have seen in the stores) bothers me as I have to lean very close to the sink so I don't splash water everywhere.

I am wondering if anyone here has used a taller vanity faucet with a regular undermount sink and has any feedback to offer? I would very much appreciate hearing your thoughts before I head off to purchase it!

Cheers

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
qt314b

For years my kids bathroom had a bar faucet, I chose it because of the high neck and it worked out really well, It made it much easier for them to wash up - brush their teeth etc.
I chose a bar faucet because I wasn't spending money on the bathroom at the time but had to replace the single vanity as cheap as possible and HD had the bar faucet as the cheapest high neck faucet

I was a great choice and we loved it!

Bookmark   July 3, 2012 at 2:03AM
More Discussions
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Polished vs Unpolished tile for bath
We are redoing our master bath with a grey 12x24 porcelain...
btnik
design help- white quartz countertops on vanity?
we are building a home & I am struggling with design...
misschris15
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™