Double Oven

ginnierJune 28, 2012

I have a Whirlpool Double Oven Stove with a glasstop...It's actually almost 2 yrs. old and it seems to heat unevenly. I wondered if any of you have trouble with your double oven this way. If I bake a cake or pan of lasagna, no problem. But if I bake muffins, I have to switch the pans around midway and I still think they'd burn if I didn't shorten up the cooking time so much. I make these extra large muffies, as we call them, every two weeks, and probably have done so for over five years. They never burned with my old oven and I didn't have to switch them midway!!! Anybody have this type of trouble. It's getting exasperating, shortening up the cooking time makes them stickier. Maybe I am missing something here....help!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wekick

Are you using the top oven for muffins or lower oven or both? How are you switching them around? Have you checked the temperature of the oven with an independent thermometer?

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 6:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginnier

I think I did at first, check the temp. and all was well. Maybe I ought to do it again. I used the top one first and now I have used the bottom (larger) oven ever since. And at the half way thru cooking, I switch the two pans of muffins, end for end and left to right.

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 10:49PM
More Discussions
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™