one final little Halloween fling

PurplemoonNovember 4, 2010

Since I'm mostly interested in witch stuff now for Halloween decorating, I decided I needed these candle holders. LOL. Witches should have black cats! I have two tall witch candles that should go in the first pair.

The second pair that holds votives might find themselves holding little pumpkins or other things....

And I guess my little cat, Penguin, decided she wanted to be part of my Halloween decor before I put it away.

hugs, Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
milosmom_gw

The kitty candleholders are tooo cute.
I'm envisioning bright orange or glittery purple candles in them.
I really like your fireplace decor and looove the little pumpkin come witch topiary.
Pretty Penguin looks like she's right at home nestled in there to.

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 8:36AM
nana2010_gw

Karen, The black cat candle holders are so cute. You have lots of time to plan how to use them. Love your fireplace decor. Penguin looks like she wants to chase the black cat away!!!
NanaK

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 9:56AM
jeannespines

CUTE candleholders! Knowing they will get put to good use at your place! And, Penguin, she's a permanent fixture there, isn't she? Looks pretty darn content! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 10:09AM
valleymagpie

Karen,

I love the candleholders (I may get out the scroll saw and FINALLY learn how to use it!). And the napkin rings are great--perfect for the black-and-orange checked napkins I want to make (do you see a pattern here?)

I love Penguin! They just have to be in the middle of everything, don't they?

- Magpie

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 10:52AM
lynninnewmexico

Both sets of candleholders are wonderful, Karen. What great finds! Penguin is darling sitting there among all your Halloween pretties!
Lynn

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 11:55AM
excessfroufrou

I love, love, love the first kitties, just darling.
Frou

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 4:31PM
Purplemoon

I meant to add the second set, votive holders, are metal kitty ones. The first of course are ceramic. I saw both these on eBay, and wasn't even looking for anything so not sure how I ended up finding these. I probably started looking at witch stuff and the black cats came up.

Penguin is such a sweet little cat. She's 4 yrs old, and I had adopted her from the Humane Society when she was just 8wks old. She never bothers a thing, nor feels the need to supervise stuff I am doing. However she does love to watch TV with my DH. She loves golf, especially when they are putting and she can try to get the ball before it disappears in the hole. (she can't figure out where it goes).

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 4:40PM
luvstocraft

Neat finds, Karen, I really like the little black cat items. Your kitty seems to be looking at the other ceramic cat as if wondering why it's laying there. I love that she actually watches television! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 10:09PM
slinkey

Karen you find the most unusual things, and both of your 'black cat finds' fit right in there.
Penguin sounds so gentile and looks so precious. I just love the picture of her looking at the TV..and her 'fitting in' with your fireplace decor.

jane

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 10:27PM
More Discussions
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
from Purplemoon
I still haven't gotten Houzz to accept my old name,...
Purplemoon
After Christmas
Simple table. As a lot of you know, my son & 3...
yachter123
Nana, here are some sample uploads.
I thought I'd try to upload the same image saved in...
oldalgebra
Sponsored Products
Home Decorators Area Rug: Dijon Gold 8' x 11'
Home Depot
Baxton Studio 'Marsha' Modern Double Shoe Cabinet
Overstock.com
AICO Furniture - After Eight California King Upholstered Bed in...
Great Furniture Deal
Home Decorators Collection Empire 9.5 in. H x 14 in. W Small Natural Linen Shade
$29.00 | Home Depot
Elk Lighting Alexis Bar Stool - 6070930
$558.00 | Hayneedle
Solid White Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set
$44.99 | zulily
Ciro Bronze One-Light Mini Diamond Wall Sconce with White Fritted Glass
$288.75 | Bellacor
Vibrant Patches Rug 5' x 7'9" - BEIGE/TEAL/BLACK
$579.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™