How's Your Toto Washlet Holding Up?

monicakm_gwJune 3, 2012

Our MB remodel is 4.5 years old. Hard to believe. The only issue I've had so far w/ my washlet is mineral deposits on the wand that causes the water to spray differently. That was fixed by using a toothbrush and CLR (suggested by Toto technical support). I have yet to have to change the batteries in the wall mounted remote. Any problems with yours?

Monica

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
claybabe

Mine has been in for a little over five years and no trouble yet. It is doing better than my tapmaster :(

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 10:26AM
monicakm_gw

claybabe, what's wrong with your Tapmaster?
The one in my kitchen is 10 years old. The only issue I have with it is UNlocking it from the locked position (where you'd use the faucet as normal), but, I never do that so it's not a problem. If I did lock it in place, I'd have to use my hand to unlock it.
That 4.5 yo Tapmaster in the bath is fine.

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 1:27PM
herring_maven

The Washlet attached to the main toilet of the home of my sister-in-law in Kamakura (Kanazawa-ken) gave out and had to be replaced earlier this year. It had been installed in about 1991, and for most of its service life there were four occupants in the house who used it daily.

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 1:36PM
dianne47

I have a Coco 6035RB in Biscuit on a Toto Soiree (Sedona Beige) toilet, installed about 10 months ago. The unit has performed perfectly, but I had to replace the three AAA batteries in the wall remote a couple of weeks ago.

I'm very happy with the Coco and would purchase again. I paid $449 at ebay seller "decorate with daria." I couldn't rationalize spending several hundred more for the Toto brand washlet.

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 2:30PM
claybabe

Monicakm, tapmaster feels like she is losing pressure. Ironically, it started to struggle within hours of a TM post on kitchens wherein I bragged about it's easy function. I haven't had the inclination to dig around and sort it out: I would much rather waste time on GW!

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 10:28PM
More Discussions
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
design help- white quartz countertops on vanity?
we are building a home & I am struggling with design...
misschris15
Help locating a Powder Bath sink, please!
We are in the final days of a year long remodel only...
soonermagicmama
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™