Heated floor not working

renov8rJune 5, 2012

We had our new heated floor completed about a year and a half ago. About 3 months ago it didn't heat up. We have had the thermostat replaced and it still does not work. Are we now faced with replacing all the floor to fix the problem? Yikes!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
otislilly.com

Before they replaced the thermostat, they should have ohmed the coils. if that was the problem, they should not have replaced the thermostat. Do you have pics of the coils on the floor, before the drybed was put over it? by scrutinizing those you may be able to find location of existing problem, possibly fix it there. to be honest it is usually, at the wall/floor joint, where the wires go from the floor up to the thermostat. If the wire was left too much out it will overheat in this area, from no substrate to absorb the heat, wire just overheats, and burn itself in 1/2, or it could have been pulled up too tight and crimped in the wall, making a minicoil that overheated, or possibly a steeple was put in too tight, I would take my chances with drywall demo between floor and thermostat before i started on floor. May just be repairable, if its the main wire, before the resistance wire starts.

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 2:10AM
More Discussions
No showrooms for bathtubs and can't decide.
We are at the point to where we HAVE to make a decision...
lachase
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Uberhaus Shower Column
Hello, I am looking for any feedback anyone can lend...
johnmaks
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™