DW finalists - bosch Asko and miele - owners pls help me choose

billy2004June 13, 2012

Welcome thoughts, pros/cons between following finalists:

Bosch SHX55RL5UC -- favorable reviews on line

Miele G2432SC (discontinued) -- only found 1-2 very negative reviews...but it's a miele, right??? has 3 sprayers, we like the 3rd tray... but lacks integrated face. anyone have direct experience with this model?

ASKO -- looking at 1-2 models locally on closeout. like the size, 3 yr warranty. Anyone own 2009-2011 askos out there? Do they fit next to standard cabinets, under standard countertop height?

All models are priced comparatively

thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jirka09

I have a Bosch, not that particular model, a less fancier one, and I LOVE it!

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 3:45PM
barjohng

I'm not sure what model of Miele you are looking at but if it has cutlery tray and water softener it will be great. I have had mine about 7 years now and no problems. Quiet and cleans dishes very well. It uses very little water and no heating element in the bottom means not melted plastics.

I am having a new house built and I am going to put a Miele Dimension in it (1 down from the top).

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 9:13AM
finestra

I have a new miele and love it. The only downside is the glass holder/upper shelf which is small for my large drinking family. We had a newish Kitchen Aid stainless DW and it left a white, mineral film on everything unless we added vinegar even though I used Jet Dry and we have a water softener. With the miele, I put in the Cascade tabs that has both liquid and solid and everything comes out crystal clear
As someone on this forum said, you empty your DW everyday (or almost) and there is nothing more annoying that unclean dishes.
My girlfriend had the ASKO and loved it, but when she needed service, it was hard to find someone local that was authorized and it was a pain to get parts. She replaced it recently and the new DW (a Bosch?) didn't fit into the hole.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 10:37AM
deeageaux

The Optima II you are looking it is by far the best DW of the three.

It will be the only one with water softner and probably the only one with cutlary tray depending on which Asko you finally whittle down to.

In any event,I would highly recommend the Optima II.

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 2:14PM
fauguy

The Miele G2432SC is an Optima, and I have read a few negative reviews about it over the past few years. I have the G2143SC Diamante for 2 years, which is the model below the Optima, and haven't had any issues with it. Not sure if those people that had problems with their Optima had bad installs, which caused the problems, or if they were just defective.

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 2:20AM
More Discussions
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
DCS Gas range review
DCS gas range review
brett_champagne
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
De Dietrich induction cooktop
Is anyone around that has any data about De Deitrich...
chinchette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™