Toilet distance dfrom wall

ultraclassicJune 25, 2013

Hi All, I installed a new Kohler Devonshire elongated toilet in place of a 20 year old round American standard (I think) toilet, the original toilet's tank sat fairly close to the wall. The new tank is sitting a few inches from the wall. could I have done something wrong? I would think the toilet mounting bolts only allow a little room for movement but if I missed something I am sure one of You will know what it is and I would be grateful for any input. Thank You in advance - John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

Don't know much about those models, but I do know toilets come in different rough in depths - the distance from the center of the hole in your floor to the wall. 12 inches is the most common. Is it possible you have a 14 inch rough in and bought a 12 in toilet? Or have a 12 in rough and bought a 10 in toilet?

Or might just be variation in style. What do the installation specs say?

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 11:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
attofarad

That one has a pretty large space behind. According to the spec, 1-1/4", if the rough-in is 12". Most are 3/4", some a bit more.

What is your rough-in distance? From the center of the flange bolts to the wall (not the base molding, if any) ?

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 12:17AM
More Discussions
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
Family of 5 - only 1 1/2 bathrooms. What would you do?
We are an active family of 5 and our bathroom situtation...
rebeccamomof123
Tile sizes and colors...help!
My husband and I are about to tear our hair out. We've...
alidanae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™