bluestar burner ignitor

gwaldJune 30, 2012

hi - I spent a lot of time looking through the forum for info about bluestar ignitor replacement. Has anyone found a replacement other than the $22 bluestar module? I'm thinking of making the switch to the viking ignitors as was suggested, but I'd rather find a source for the bluestar!

Anybody know of a place? I see the part # is BS-741801

Also, I'm looking for the gasket between the venturi tube and the burner. I don't even see that on the BS site.

(I tried tried to remove the screw to get the ignitor off but it was rusted and is now stripped. Once I get it off, I bought some stainless steel socket head cap screws as replacements!)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
llaatt22

Your best bet could be to directly contact Bluestar. Replacement parts like spark modules are often sourced from different makers and suppliers over time. It is useful to order such spares as a module and ignitors before needed as a precaution.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 11:43AM
mrblandings

My screws were all rusted as well and needed to be removed with a screw extractor; I called BlueStar and they sent replacements (and gaskets) for free. But I like your idea of replacing them with stainless screws -- I may try the same -- what size were they? You'd think BlueStar would have figured out by now that this is a recurring problem -- after all, water vapor is a byproduct of gas combustion.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 4:24PM
gwald

I got 6-32 stainless socket head cap screws that take an allen wrench and have a hefty head on them. They aren't that expensive, so I don't understand either why they would not spend a few cents to make their "design" more robust. Personally, I think it's things like this that help to give bluestar a bad name. I'm handy, so I can deal with stuff like this, but I think that a lot of people can't and don't want to put up with stuff like this! I thought that I was going to have to drill them out and I wasn't looking forward to it, but I took a torx bit and pounded it in - got it!

thx for the bluestar tip. I may call them if I can't find it locally.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 5:20PM
1tracman

Put some Never Seize or anti seize on the threads, they will always come out.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
My GC thinks I need 1000 cfm and I think he's crazy
So I actually don't think he's crazy and he's right...
crl_
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™